`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2013 Topps Museum Collection football

RE: 2013 Topps Museum Collection football
(02-17-2014, 10:48 AM)TidePride Wrote: Well at least both of you did better than I did with my box of Museum Collection. My two autos were a Zach Ertz dual swatch auto /25 and a Kenny Stills base auto /130. Very disappointed with my first, and only, box for that matter. And to add insult to injury my other two hits were a Nick Foles jumbo swatch and a four piece swatch of Justin Hunter. Oh well I guess that's the risk we take spending $200+ on something. The guy next to me at the card shop bought a box as well and pulled a Montana/Lott dual auto /5. Really awesome card!!!
I pulled the other card I got in the pack was a Zach Ertz auto/double swatch 7/95. I guess I did pretty well. My son and I are going to go in on 1 box of this product and that will probably be it. Try our luck one time and see what happens.
(02-17-2014, 11:58 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i can say it definitely. monte ball was a rookie last year, correct? when was the last time they even used a game worn jersey for a rookie product? it's all event used.

at best you would get event used. most likely, not even that

and frankly, it's a money issue. they lose money on that. if it was game used, they would be shouting it from the rooftops to move units
I'll be happy with any event used item but it not at least a pulled a good thing. Any Broncos fans that would want to pick up a nice item, hit me up.

(02-17-2014, 12:28 PM)DDubbz918 Wrote: because there's only so many jerseys they wear at the rookie premiere, and they can't possibly use those 3 jerseys (1 for each day of the weekend...) to literally span across EVERY single product they make.
Wait what? 3 jerseys? You need to google Mark Ingram rookie premier and see what you can find. I guess, technically, they do wear 3 jerseys just underneath the other 17 AT A TIME!

Event worn is a player standing at the event with 20 jerseys on and taking a step. BOOM! 20 Event worn jerseys that aren't even his JERSEY NUMBER! Most say ROOKIE on the back and the numbers are 88.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-17-2014, 12:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: im sorry if logic and facts hurt your feelings
lol...you have no logic or facts to back anything up, you just simply say you "definitely know"

I'm not sitting here saying it is game-used or it is this or that or quite frankly anything because quite frankly as of right now there are no answers. So as I've said before, no one really knows until Topps announces something, and last time I checked you weren't the CEO of Topps, so I think I'll hold ANY judgments until someone more credible comes along.
(02-17-2014, 02:39 PM)branesergen Wrote: Wait what? 3 jerseys? You need to google Mark Ingram rookie premier and see what you can find. I guess, technically, they do wear 3 jerseys just underneath the other 17 AT A TIME!

Event worn is a player standing at the event with 20 jerseys on and taking a step. BOOM! 20 Event worn jerseys that aren't even his JERSEY NUMBER! Most say ROOKIE on the back and the numbers are 88.
Even 20 jersey's isn't enough to fill all the products out these days dude, and I wasn't trying to be 100% exact I was simply trying to make a point to mr know-it-all that he can bring whatever theory's he has into play, but until someone credible comes along, no one really knows anything other than that it's an "autographed helmet" ...it's really that simple, but thank you for being a troll, have a nice day.

(02-17-2014, 05:43 PM)DDubbz918 Wrote: lol...you have no logic or facts to back anything up, you just simply say you "definitely know"

I'm not sitting here saying it is game-used or it is this or that or quite frankly anything because quite frankly as of right now there are no answers. So as I've said before, no one really knows until Topps announces something, and last time I checked you weren't the CEO of Topps, so I think I'll hold ANY judgments until someone more credible comes along.

Even 20 jersey's isn't enough to fill all the products out these days dude, and I wasn't trying to be 100% exact I was simply trying to make a point to mr know-it-all that he can bring whatever theory's he has into play, but until someone credible comes along, no one really knows anything other than that it's an "autographed helmet" ...it's really that simple, but thank you for being a troll, have a nice day.

as far as event used: i know they have used rookie event jersey stuff for up to three years after the event in products. the average jersey produces enough swatches for tons of cards....i know panini has put out of a video with how they do it

"Even 20 jersey's isn't enough to fill all the products out these days dude"
so, i do have a question, dude: so if 20 jerseys isnt enough, how do they fill the rest of the jersey cards? with peanut butter? replica jersey that arent even event worn? do they get in a time traveling delorean to the future and get game used stuff of that player and bring it back?

as far as my replies: actually, i did have some solid logic behind why they arent game used helmets. im sorry that youre reading comprehension levels are so low, or simply that you dont like my answers. you do have the option of hiding my posts. im not everyone's cup of tea. im not trying to hold your hand or give you a snickers bar

Yeah the whole thing steals a bit from the jersey card idea. I remember pulling my first jersey hit in the 90s. It was Barry Sanders and the back of the card named the date and the game the jersey was worn in. Now, with the rookies, it has gotten a bit ridiculous. If the jersey is simply something a player put on for five seconds then took of, it gives it the whole "saint's bones" sort of snake oil feel. Like "this is authentic dirt from where Eddie Lacy stepped out of his car....HE STEPPED ON THIS EXACT DIRT!!!"

No thanks. I'm down with autos and collecting, however; in the end we are talking about mortals with legal issues, concerns for the future after football, and relationship problems just like the rest of the mortals out there.

Love them rookie jerseys. Jacoby is right.

This would be Mark Ingram at the rookie premiere for his "Event Worn Memorabilia".
[Image: markingram2.jpg]
He looks so happy!
[Image: markingram.jpg]
And one of those jerseys would produce thousands of cards.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(02-17-2014, 09:38 PM)ugameck Wrote: Love them rookie jerseys. Jacoby is right.

This would be Mark Ingram at the rookie premiere for his "Event Worn Memorabilia".
[Image: markingram2.jpg]
He looks so happy!
[Image: markingram.jpg]
And one of those jerseys would produce thousands of cards.
I was checking on Beckett in regards to how many helmet cards there are per player but I didn't see anything. Even though it is not game used to you think that that helmet will be a 1/1?

(02-15-2014, 03:48 PM)docsteve1 Wrote: I just bought a pack of Museum Collection at my local card shop and I pulled a Zach Ertz 7/95 double swatch/auto and a Montee Ball Auto helmet redemption. Just wanted to know if I should keep the helmet or put it on bay? what do you think?
Thanks
I've been in contact with the guy that has the Cordarrelle Patterson on eBay, and here's the message I just sent him on eBay:

"Just waited on hold for 45 minutes for Topps to tell me "it's an 'autographed helmet' redemption, and that's all I see on my redemption list, with no other information" to summarize. So, screw Topps, I'll buy chrome and that's it, what a freaking joke, thanks for the help, how the hell do they not have information about a card they put in their own product, unbelievable..."

So, there ya have it...Topps doesn't even know what it is...so...SELL SELL SELL (in my opinion)