`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone know of anymore products that have hard to notice variations?

RE: Anyone know of anymore products that have hard to notice variations?
(02-16-2014, 12:00 PM)no1dolphan Wrote: You really need to join a CSI team in central FL... different UD holograms??? Drat, more sifting! I have to also check my quasar card to see if it looks like yours... came back an 8 which I wasn't exactly happy with either Sad
I'm supposed to be selling cards today... that's becoming a pipe dream with all the possible "NEW" Marino cards I have to find right here in my office.
Being on the PSA registry will make you immune to cost... when you have to dump $25 for a common 10, doing the same for something you've never seen isn't an issue, it's almost like you just lie there and take it... "thank you, sir, may I have another?"
I also think the 93 Bowman and 95 TSC SP variants are a result of a "larger" pattern. Similar to taking a bold paisley print and only cutting out a border... you'll end up with a lot of different looks from the same background. I also have a 97 playoff zone insert (which one escapes me) that has the same thing going on... it looks like a rainbow whereas ALL the others are just light shades of color or gray.
I think the Star Factor card looks like a combo of 2 backgrounds and 2 finish coats making for the 4 variations... what are the serial numbers on those respectively? I think if there's a serial number correlation then it was definitely intentional.
My psa 9 regular star factor is identical to the one on the top left and it's serial numbered 1869/2500... I have another somewhere, but I can't find it... when I do I'll post the serial on that one too. My quasar is the same as yours and serial #48/50
Well.... Yes on the foil on there stadium. There is definitely a million different little foil differences, but there is 8 clear versions. 4 that start with one color and end with another, and then a flipped version of the other four. It was a fun add and a fun chase to get all 8. Of course, I don't have to have psa 10s of all of those. Lol.
The bowman foil is kind of different as each one had one color strongly represented.
Variations are not always intended by the manufacturer, but are differences that pop up in the print run.
I forgot to mention...I also have a base 99 spa Marino with the card numbering of the /250 version.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

RE: Anyone know of anymore products that have hard to notice variations?
Cool, put up a pic of that spa card when you have time...
I only strive to get everything in a 10... there are some cards that I'm stoked to get a 7 and move on.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --