`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone sold on COMC?

Anyone sold on COMC?
The bulk is once again overflowing and time to unload a bunch of stuff. Here are my options as I see them:

- Send the stuff to COMC since I would make room and they deal with it.
- Maybe find someone that sells on Ebay or something similar for consignment
- Sell as a bulk lot to a reseller for a fraction of BV

I sort of like the COMC option as I would get rid of the stuff right away and they deal with it for the most part. But I am wondering- is there enough volume there? Does stuff just sit there forever and never sell?

Second choice would be to just sell it to a "flipper" for a fraction of the BV and be done with it as I have done before.

Anyone have advice?

RE: Anyone sold on COMC?
I sent a lil over 200 to comc that just went live last week....I've gotten movement on some small priced cards and gotten 6 bucks so far

Every day I get at least one lowball offer on something.

Just keep in mind what you want to sell, base stuff might only get you .25-50 what I did was tried to lookup a lot of what I thought of sending to see prices anything selling under a buck I left out and I still ended up with a lot going in that's been listed low

On the plus side sending in a huge lot of stuff you don't want that you will list at .75 or less won't have monthly fees just the .20 per card initial processing

if you already have a list of items, do what i do with my excess...put them together in one huge lot, scan a few of the better cards, then list it as a lot for sale. point out the very best cards or players in the title (i.e. 500 card lot auto patch rc + Peyton Manning Andrew Luck) then at the top of your auction description list the really pertinent cards. very simple to do if you have a list that you can download directly to an excel file where you can add in the codes such as font size, font color, etc.

if you have any autograph or memorabilia cards, include them with the lot, that way, as my example shows, you can add those identifiers to your title. it's not misleading if it's shown like my example AND all cards are listed in the auction description.

If you decide to move them as a lot, I may be interested depending.

Thanks, I will have to put something together and see where I am at. It would probably be somewhere in the $4-$6k BV range and 100+ autos, 50ish GU, along with some star RCs, parallels, and inserts. (Although I am just guessing now)

I troll comc every day, I find the quality of the cards to be better than Ebay and the low cost of shipping is a plus. The only thing I don't like about the idea of selling cards there is that it's geared towards you keeping the money in the account vs. cashing out. If you are going to buy cards anyway it really doesn't matter though.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Yeah, I would be taking the cash. I have already bought all the PC singles from there I can find.

Since I have gotten a few PM inquiries, I should also mention that they would be both baseball and football, since I break both.

As I look through it, I feel like I might have to sell off some singles. There is some stuff that would probably be worth selling individually.

I have an extra Walter Payton RC that will be going, a few 1/1's including a superfractor auto, a BGS 9.5 Kaepernick auto, etc. I think I would probably not be getting the best deal to lump that kind of stuff in with a lot? Should I sell the high end stuff separate? Thoughts?

Always separate IMO, especially with combined shipping. There are so many instances where I bought "lots" for ONE card and paid less than I would have for that ONE card... lesson: you're giving the others away. Sometimes you have to on small value cards, but I'd send all of those to comc and sell the high end stuff on Ebay with a reasonable starting bid so you don't get killed... if it doesn't sell you just relist it. You're supposed to get 50 free listings (no insertion fees) every month and I've found that when you start listing things they send you a lot more. I list with Turbo lister so if something doesn't sell I just relist it down the road with the click of one button... all the hard work is already done. If you use the free listings you don't have to use a low starting bid. It only took a few $30-60 BV cards to go for 99 cents for me to put the KIBOSH on that mess.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(02-15-2014, 10:16 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: Always separate IMO, especially with combined shipping. There are so many instances where I bought "lots" for ONE card and paid less than I would have for that ONE card... lesson: you're giving the others away. Sometimes you have to on small value cards, but I'd send all of those to comc and sell the high end stuff on Ebay with a reasonable starting bid so you don't get killed... if it doesn't sell you just relist it. You're supposed to get 50 free listings (no insertion fees) every month and I've found that when you start listing things they send you a lot more. I list with Turbo lister so if something doesn't sell I just relist it down the road with the click of one button... all the hard work is already done. If you use the free listings you don't have to use a low starting bid. It only took a few $30-60 BV cards to go for 99 cents for me to put the KIBOSH on that mess.
Good point. I also have all the autos/GU scanned anyway, so might as well use the pics for auctions......