`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Have You Checked Out 2013 Panini Select? Here's a Few of Mine

Have You Checked Out 2013 Panini Select? Here's a Few of Mine
As a lot of you know, I (like a lot of people) was completely unimpressed with most 2013 products. Even the standards like Certified were run into the ground. Personally, I feel Panini lost sight of what makes a lot of traditional products unique.

I had practically given up and started spending my money on older sets and getting more grading done than I have in a couple of years.

On a long overdue trip to the LCS for supplies, the owner was having a massive sale on every football product from 2013. Playbook was as cheap as $99 a box. I couldn't pull the trigger, even with Certified being $65 a box. I let him talk me into buying Select. I was surprised to find I really liked this product.

Though it feels a little like Chrome, the new Prizm cards are something to behold. This is the first base set (prizm version and that's how it's spelled) that I have enjoyed looking at in a long time.

I'll show a few cards from the 4 boxes I bought. They don't seem to have the surface defects or centering issues of Chrome and are less busy than Prism. The biggest weakness is sticker autos and not enough veterans.

HOT STARS and ROOKIES inserts

[Image: 13SelectHotStars1.jpg]

[Image: 13SelectHotRookies1.jpg]

PRIZM Version of Base Cards

[Image: 13SelectPrizm1-4.jpg]

GOLD PRIZM Numbered to 10

[Image: 13SelectPrizm1.jpg]

AUTOS

[Image: 13SelectPrizmAutos.jpg]

All 4 of the autos shown are on 96 pt card stock. The Allen and Macdonald are the Prizm versions and are numbered to 99. The Sherman auto is my first and is also numbered to 99. The Woods is the regular auto version of the card.

This product cost me $75/box. With 2 mini boxes of 6 packs and 3 autos per mini, this was a great looking product and worth every penny.

Feel free to share any you might have on this thread.

RE: Have You Checked Out 2013 Panini Select? Here's a Few of Mine
Those are some good looking cards. I was checking out some in the break section the other day at $75 a box sounds like a nice priced break. The Spectra that Panini is putting out previews of looks interesting as well.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

anything for trade? desperately looking for that Sherman!
If you have less than 15 successful trades here on Beckett, you will have to send first.
[Image: yyIxU.png]
Always looking for any Seahawks, especially Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Beastmode!

this is a nice product and congrats on the gold!
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(02-10-2014, 02:05 AM)biglump007 Wrote: Those are some good looking cards. I was checking out some in the break section the other day at $75 a box sounds like a nice priced break. The Spectra that Panini is putting out previews of looks interesting as well.
For the price, it was worth the risk. The Gold Prizm cards are some of the most interesting that I've ever seen. Much as I'd like to do that set, I see people are already listing the unsigned Prizm Gold for $250 or more. That will never happen on my end.

I'd like to think we get smarter the longer we stay in the hobby!

The base Prizm set though, is doable. There are 250 cards in the set and I believe, 4 per box.

(02-10-2014, 03:06 AM)hhh tgt Wrote: anything for trade? desperately looking for that Sherman!
I don't do a lot of trading, but I'll think about it and let you know.

(02-10-2014, 12:33 PM)rgf17 Wrote: this is a nice product and congrats on the gold!
thanks. I don't know why, but I seem to pull a lot Miami Dolphins every year. Now, if they'd only play well.....

Nice stuff! I bought some select this year but not a lot. TOo much like prizm : /

But I pulled a cpatterson redemption auto/JSY so I'm happy with that. The Sherman is just sick!!
[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]

(02-10-2014, 08:19 PM)spazzyvol Wrote: Nice stuff! I bought some select this year but not a lot. TOo much like prizm : /

But I pulled a cpatterson redemption auto/JSY so I'm happy with that. The Sherman is just sick!!
I bought some Prism Football last year. I believe that was Panini's first attempt at going after the Chrome fan base. I thought this new attempt was a step up. I think the lines are smoother than in Prism.

It would certainly be better if there were on card autos.