`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where/how to authentic full-size jersey?

Where/how to authentic full-size jersey?
So way way way back in the day, I was probably 14 years old or so, a friend of my parents' won a contest in which the prize was an authentic game-worn jersey of Scottie Pippen, along with a meet and greet with Pippen and a few other Bulls players. Unfortunately, no autographs were given, but as she had no use for the jersey and had two daughters and no sons, I got the jersey!

It was prominently displayed (not framed though, as that is uber-expensive) for years in my room, but now it just sits in my childhood closet as I have nowhere to display it.

I am considering having the jersey authenticated and then I will either frame/display it, or sell it. Where can I send the jersey for authentication? Does PSA do that? I think that's where I'd send it if I can't come up with anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Where/how to authentic full-size jersey?
(02-10-2014, 12:00 AM)buckunteer Wrote: So way way way back in the day, I was probably 14 years old or so, a friend of my parents' won a contest in which the prize was an authentic game-worn jersey of Scottie Pippen, along with a meet and greet with Pippen and a few other Bulls players. Unfortunately, no autographs were given, but as she had no use for the jersey and had two daughters and no sons, I got the jersey!

It was prominently displayed (not framed though, as that is uber-expensive) for years in my room, but now it just sits in my childhood closet as I have nowhere to display it.

I am considering having the jersey authenticated and then I will either frame/display it, or sell it. Where can I send the jersey for authentication? Does PSA do that? I think that's where I'd send it if I can't come up with anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help!
I may be wrong but I don't think psa (or any other reputable authenticator) would authenticate a game worn jersey simply because there is no way to tell if it was actually game used. A good goal would be to try and have it signed then authenticated, I heard Scottie pippen doesn't sign often which could increase the value a bit.
Good luck!

RE: Where/how to authentic full-size jersey?
Best people to contact would be the Meigray group. They are the ones that do the authentication of game used stuff now. I went to their website on my phone and it looks like they do hockey stuff back to even before 92. They are pricey but most likely your best bet! Bet the jersey looks awesome!!