`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: what a week - my charity auction plus way more (WITH HUGE UPDATE)

RE: OT: what a week - my charity auction plus way more
(02-10-2014, 11:01 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: sorry to hear it didn't make what it should have/could have had the person not totally flopped on you - haven't signed on in a while just had a bout of being in the hospital/ICU for 8 days myself kicking back relaxing getting back to 100% and here I am.

glad you all at least made another 16k towards the cause
Feel Better and heal quickly, John!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: OT: what a week - Project Cupid's annual date auction plus way more
(02-09-2014, 11:31 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Okay, sorry to hear it, glad to hear it, congrats, Mozel Tov, and outstanding!

Sorry to hear about your 'helper' not helping.
Glad to hear about your raising of funds despite her lack of help.
Congrats on the IVF .... Hope it 'takes' and starts your family!
MozelTov to Isaias Mom's newborn!
... And outstanding job raising those funds with all the hurdles and distractions in the way.

I think I covered everything. Smile

That all just proves that your heart is in the right place and your efforts aren't for naught!
Keep up the great work, Josh!
+1 Million Well said Mitch!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-10-2014, 11:36 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: +1 Million Well said Mitch!!
Thank you my friend!
Hey, how have you been?
Haven't seen you around the past couple of months!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-10-2014, 10:20 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thank you my friend!
Hey, how have you been?
Haven't seen you around the past couple of months!
You're Welcome buddy!!
I've been sick. And then I had Internet connectivity issues. And then I was sick again. And then I had Internet connectivity issues. It was a vicious cycle. IF I didn't know better, I'd think that I got a virus from my computer. haha.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-11-2014, 08:46 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: You're Welcome buddy!!
I've been sick. And then I had Internet connectivity issues. And then I was sick again. And then I had Internet connectivity issues. It was a vicious cycle. IF I didn't know better, I'd think that I got a virus from my computer. haha.
LOL
I'll have to invent an inoculation for that, one of these days Smile
Glad you're doing better. Stay healthy and keep away from that infected computer Smile
Hey Josh, Sorry, for starting a metatopic within your posting. Just haven't 'seen' N5K in a long time!
I'll drop it now ....
Back to our regularly scheduled program. Smile

RE: OT: what a week - my charity auction plus way more (WITH HUGE UPDATE)
this is why we do what we do:

Kudos and tons of respect for Kimberly Stegmaier, MD. she has sat down with us in the past, and really explained how the disease works, the differences and variations, and what they doing try too combat it. and for the most part, she is able to explain it in a way i could understand (though admittedly, some of it does go over my head - no fault of her's, obviously)

(02-12-2014, 02:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: this is why we do what we do:

Kudos and tons of respect for Kimberly Stegmaier, MD. she has sat down with us in the past, and really explained how the disease works, the differences and variations, and what they doing try too combat it. and for the most part, she is able to explain it in a way i could understand (though admittedly, some of it does go over my head - no fault of her's, obviously)

Very cool info. This is the way of the future in cancer treatment. Kick it in it's genetic junk! Chemo sucks, radiation sucks. Kills the good with the bad. Targeting the mutant cancer cells allows the good to win out over the cancer's mutated genetics.
You're charity is helping, Josh. The timing of this story is excellent, considering how you were feeling last week!

You'll feel better about the whole thing if you kneecap the person who flaked on you.

It's all about the kneecaps, always.

(02-12-2014, 04:40 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Very cool info. This is the way of the future in cancer treatment. Kick it in it's genetic junk! Chemo sucks, radiation sucks. Kills the good with the bad. Targeting the mutant cancer cells allows the good to win out over the cancer's mutated genetics.
You're charity is helping, Josh. The timing of this story is excellent, considering how you were feeling last week!
dana farber is just so far ahead of everyone else. theyre really amazing

and yea, timing was needed. cant wait to meet with the doc again, so she can actually explain this news to me (i kinda get it, but shell break it down for me)
(02-12-2014, 05:49 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You'll feel better about the whole thing if you kneecap the person who flaked on you.

It's all about the kneecaps, always.
you have no idea how close i came. im not even kidding. i even had a hockey stick available to me (signed by ray bourque)

(02-12-2014, 06:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: dana farber is just so far ahead of everyone else. theyre really amazing

and yea, timing was needed. cant wait to meet with the doc again, so she can actually explain this news to me (i kinda get it, but shell break it down for me)

you have no idea how close i came. im not even kidding. i even had a hockey stick available to me (signed by ray bourque)
Well, hey, like others have said, logistics aside, you and your wife did a great thing for cancer.

My wife's best friend's mom is dealing with Stage 4 breast cancer, so to me, anyone doing anything toward the fight is awesome.

Man, nice hockey stick!