`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Basketball have a Triple Corwn?

Does Basketball have a Triple Corwn?
We were discussing the other day how it is virtually impossible to have a Triple Crown in Basketball (i.e. Lead the league in Scoring, Rebounds and Assists) Though some players have come close believe it or not.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/basketball-triple-crown/

Think anyone will ever lead the league in those three categories in a single season? (*It has never been done before) Or how about a career Triple Crown? (*It has been done once!)

Cool bunch of players to build a collection around that would be sure!

Twitter @HomePlateCards
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: Does Basketball have a Triple Corwn?
(02-08-2014, 11:20 AM)home plate 1989 Wrote: We were discussing the other day how it is virtually impossible to have a Triple Crown in Basketball (i.e. Lead the league in Scoring, Rebounds and Assists) Though some players have come close believe it or not.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/basketball-triple-crown/

Think anyone will ever lead the league in those three categories in a single season? (*It has never been done before) Or how about a career Triple Crown? (*It has been done once!)

Cool bunch of players to build a collection around that would be sure!

Twitter @HomePlateCards
Interesting read. Crazy how Oscar Robertson had such big numbers yet only lead in one category.
I hate to be pessimistic but I doubt anyone would lead the league in all three categories. I truly hope someone proves me wrong as that would be amazing to witness, and go down in sports history!

I think the only players in the league right now that could do this are Kevin Durant and Lebron James. They could both lead the league in points (easily), assists could be done by James, but I think rebounds is were it would be tough for both. You have beasts like Kevin Love who pull down 10+ rebounds a night, consistently. I think that would be tough. I think they both would have to change the style of their game.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

nba is too specialized now. only players i can of that could ever do it:

wilt (who actually did lead the league in assists one year), the big o, possibly magic and lebron

Being a Chicago fan, I would love to see a defensive triple crown: blocks, steals, & def. rebounds, maybe? Jordan won Defensive Player of the Year more often than the casual fan (i.e., not anyone on this board) realizes; though he was obviously recognized more prominently for his offensive prowess, players used to say they hated being guarded by his tenacious defensive attitude.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If block and steals could be part of the triple crown, similar to a triple double (3 of the 5: points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals), then there might be a shot at someone getting that. I just don't see anyone leading points, rebounds, and assists in a season anytime soon in the NBA.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-08-2014, 11:42 AM)altz11 Wrote: Interesting read. Crazy how Oscar Robertson had such big numbers yet only lead in one category.
I hate to be pessimistic but I doubt anyone would lead the league in all three categories. I truly hope someone proves me wrong as that would be amazing to witness, and go down in sports history!
I agree....Big-O's stat line was insane! For me I like finding players who I still feel are under-valued....and while perhaps he is from a very different era his overall game should get more accolades in the collecting community!
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

If this was something LeBron really wanted to do and coach had no problem with it, then I'm sure he would be able to do it. He's the only player right now I think who would have a legit shot at doing it. Sorry, Durant!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(02-08-2014, 01:43 PM)jonathani Wrote: Being a Chicago fan, I would love to see a defensive triple crown: blocks, steals, & def. rebounds, maybe? Jordan won Defensive Player of the Year more often than the casual fan (i.e., not anyone on this board) realizes; though he was obviously recognized more prominently for his offensive prowess, players used to say they hated being guarded by his tenacious defensive attitude.
While MJ is on the All-Defensive First Team multiple times, I thought that he only won the DPOY only once (1987-88 season) in the NBA?
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

Rodman may have lead the league one season in rebounds, technical fouls and ejections. Does that count? Tongue