`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Insurance -- The post office rant thread got me on this

RE: Insurance -- The post office rant thread got me on this
(02-05-2014, 09:19 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: Some people have honor, some people don't. Only hosing I ever got on Ebay, I purchased a 1955 Topps All-American Jim Thorpe. Card looked like NM/MT Condition. I won the auction and I got it for $18 and some change. I paid for the item right then from Paypal. I never got the card and didn't get my money back. I was new to Ebay and Paypal. I was upset. I trust no one when it comes to selling cards. That is why I always do Bubble Mailers/Small Flat-Rate Boxes with tracking. I have heard about people getting hosed on sales, and it is sad. Then we can talk about trades. I find myself concerned about trading sometimes, because you never know if the trade is going to be a smooth trade or if it is going to be bumpy. When it comes to collecting, I would be considered a small fish in the Big Sea. So most of my cards are cheap compared to some of your collections. So I will start using insurance if cards are $50 plus.
I've done more than 200 trades on this site. I'm not going to say the amount of times I've put DC on a package, but I can say that nobody has claimed not to have received a package. I haven't received 3 in that time, but they turned out to be shady and are no longer part of this site. I had more problems selling a few years back. Not an experience I liked. I just picked up a large lot of Favres and am hoping--praying--that some people on here will want to either trade for them or buy them before I resort to eBay. As a whole, I trust the people on this site more than the idiots on eBay. We're traders. We have some honor. Buyers and sellers aren't kept to those standards, especially when you have some shmuck who overpaid for a card and wants some of his money back and can't be honest about it and offering it to the next highest bidder.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

I like Beckett because its more of a tight knit community and not the big city that is ebay lol Lot of scum in the big city - in the country - not so many Smile
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I am enjoying Beckett more than SCF. I have spent more time here than the other sites since I came back in November. I just got to get to know everyone. You can tell a good site when there are people on the site, and people not fudging their numbers to make their sites look good. I went onto Blowout Cards this morning and they site said they had over 500 people on line. That was a bunch of crock.
(02-05-2014, 10:09 PM)branesergen Wrote: I like Beckett because its more of a tight knit community and not the big city that is ebay lol Lot of scum in the big city - in the country - not so many Smile
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

I once insured a package that I sent from Afghanistan and when I returned home I found the contents damaged. I filed a claim and received every dollar I insured it for.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.

My how apropos. I had sold some dishes on evilbay and shipped via FedEx. They absolutely mutilated everything in the box. Now I'm filing a claim.

Get your money, lol.
(02-06-2014, 01:45 PM)fast93bird Wrote: My how apropos. I had sold some dishes on evilbay and shipped via FedEx. They absolutely mutilated everything in the box. Now I'm filing a claim.

Oh I'm positive FedEx is going to find some way to say it wasn't properly packaged. It's sad really. I had Glass and Fragile written all over the box. They put their own freaking Fragile placard stickers all over the box. Yet the box shows signs of being dropped on multiple spots, and the dish set inside was all destroyed but 1 mug and 1 salad plate.

While deployed to Iraq, wife sent me a 4 cartons of cigs. When the box got to my location, the box had been cut. When I sent the picture of the box to the wife after opening the box, 4 cartons of cigs were missing. Post Office told my wife that I took the cigs and was trying to get money. Post Office has no Honor in my opinion.

I don't think any of them do. I posted about this on Facebook and I'm getting stories from friends who've had FedEx and UPS pack the item for them, it gets damaged, then the claim gets denied for improper packaging. I don't get that one.

(02-06-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: While deployed to Iraq, wife sent me a 4 cartons of cigs. When the box got to my location, the box had been cut. When I sent the picture of the box to the wife after opening the box, 4 cartons of cigs were missing. Post Office told my wife that I took the cigs and was trying to get money. Post Office has no Honor in my opinion.
That used to happen to me all of the time too. I had heard that the Soldiers a the main sorting plant in Iraq were doing it.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.