`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems

1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems
New to the site. Have a great collection I want to gauge a value on, collection from 1992-2001.

One of my prized possessions is the compete 1999 Metal Universe Precious Metal gems, and get this, they're all numbered 48/50. I know it's the only set in the World.

My question is, before I pay for the subscription can someone tell me if they have value listing for this set on the online price guide?

It would be much appreciated.
http://s574.photobucket.com/

Link to some images

RE: 1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems
(01-31-2014, 11:28 PM)Celticpride242 Wrote: New to the site. Have a great collection I want to gauge a value on, collection from 1992-2001.

One of my prized possessions is the compete 1999 Metal Universe Precious Metal gems, and get this, they're all numbered 48/50. I know it's the only set in the World.

My question is, before I pay for the subscription can someone tell me if they have value listing for this set on the online price guide?

It would be much appreciated.
http://s574.photobucket.com/

Link to some images
They probably won't have a value of the set, but you can get a cumulative value of all the singles. Very awesome that you grabbed one of the redemption sets as well! If you didn't know, the last 5 sets (46-50/50) were issued in complete set form by in pack redemption cards. I also would warn that you probably could get a slight percentage above BV as this set is very popular.
So buy the OPG, it'll at least give you a starting point.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-01-2014, 08:26 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: They probably won't have a value of the set, but you can get a cumulative value of all the singles. Very awesome that you grabbed one of the redemption sets as well! If you didn't know, the last 5 sets (46-50/50) were issued in complete set form by in pack redemption cards. I also would warn that you probably could get a slight percentage above BV as this set is very popular.
So buy the OPG, it'll at least give you a starting point.
Thanks for the info, will get the OPC for sure. As for the redemption of last 5 sets, that was the idea in the 1998 release which was called Gem Masters. I pulled the last of the 5 and redeemed it.
Fleer/Skybox screwed it up and mistakenly put all 50 of each card in circulation. No sets! That was a binding contract. The first four got loads of wax and other memorabilia.

I asked them if they can get me a set the following year, they made some calls and the President of Fleer/Skybox at the time personally pulled set number 48/50 for me when it went to press. They scrapped the Gem Masters Redemption after the one screw up so I have the only set. I also got them to throw in the 1998/99 Skybox NBA Autographics complete set. I still have both sets 14 years later.

All pristine in top loaders, hoping to find a new home for the full sets instead of having to break them up, especially with them all being 48/50

So U have all 250?? If so WOWSER lol Quite a set. Just looked em up. U def need to post them

Imagine if you would have had the 98 set. That Manning alone is probably worth a ton. If you break up and sell the 99 set, I would be interested in all the Vikings.

(02-03-2014, 10:08 AM)mnc99 Wrote: Imagine if you would have had the 98 set. That Manning alone is probably worth a ton. If you break up and sell the 99 set, I would be interested in all the Vikings.
I know right! At the time I didnt mind cause the 99 Draft class was being touted as one of the best ever with all those qbs. But 98 was Peyton and Randy Moss.

Do you think the full set is rare enough to be auctioned off professionally? If Fleer can confirm it is the only set out there.

By the way, if I break up the set I'll make sure u get first preference on Vikings

(02-03-2014, 01:27 AM)oumike83 Wrote: So U have all 250?? If so WOWSER lol Quite a set. Just looked em up. U def need to post them
Thanks Mike

I wouldn't break that... for sure that is a one of a kind all time find. PMG cards are always in demand, I shudder to think what an entire set with the same serial would go for. That said, I will gladly be first in line for the Marino card so hit me up if you want to sell it LOL. But seriously, hit me up Wink
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(02-03-2014, 03:37 PM)Celticpride242 Wrote: Do you think the full set is rare enough to be auctioned off professionally? If Fleer can confirm it is the only set out there.
There is no Fleer, only Zuul.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(02-03-2014, 09:11 PM)no1dolphan Wrote: I wouldn't break that... for sure that is a one of a kind all time find. PMG cards are always in demand, I shudder to think what an entire set with the same serial would go for. That said, I will gladly be first in line for the Marino card so hit me up if you want to sell it LOL. But seriously, hit me up Wink
That's how I feel, 250 cards, breaking that up should be sacrilegious. I collected hardcore for 12 years, I know where value lies in card collecting. The rarity of the set should make it priceless, but truly you'll only get as much as someone will pay you for it. Not to mention numbered cards only became prevalent in the late 90's, so this is one of the first generation 'numbered' sets. don't know what to do with it really

Depends what you want to do with the set. Personally, the only way to maximize your sale without much effort would be to cosign it to one of the online/catalog auction houses.

To the OP, this post brings back deja vu as I recall a silimar post regarding this set about 5-6 years ago.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]