`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems

RE: 1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems
(02-06-2014, 04:21 PM)jaderock Wrote: Depends what you want to do with the set. Personally, the only way to maximize your sale without much effort would be to cosign it to one of the online/catalog auction houses.

To the OP, this post brings back deja vu as I recall a silimar post regarding this set about 5-6 years ago.
Yea man that was me, I'm the only person that's ever owned it. I live in the Bahamas so Im fairly disconnected from the industry. We have no LCS so online is the only way to garner interest to possibly find a buyer without breaking up the set. If that doesn't work im going to physically fly to a card show in the southern US with set in tow

so let me get something straight. there was no 1998 precious metal gems masters? no cards stamped 1/1? I collect all peyton manning cards in his college uniform and have the 1998 gems masters on my want list. if you could, please explain. thanks for any info.

(02-16-2014, 01:27 PM)volsguy16 Wrote: so let me get something straight. there was no 1998 precious metal gems masters? no cards stamped 1/1? I collect all peyton manning cards in his college uniform and have the 1998 gems masters on my want list. if you could, please explain. thanks for any info.
He's confusing sets. He thinks the redemption for the complete set is called the PMG Masters, when thats a completely different set. The PMG Masters looks like this for 98
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1998/...ell/868740

And this for 99
http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&espvd=...=0&ndsp=38
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

That's a heck of a set. Sadly the way to generate the most money would be to break it up and that would also be a hard thing to do...your not going to find any dealers who will pay you fair enough on it...I would consign it to one of the big guys and get maximum exposure. PWCC, Prostein, etc
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Thanks so much for the info. I was really confused. Thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

(02-16-2014, 04:47 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: He's confusing sets. He thinks the redemption for the complete set is called the PMG Masters, when thats a completely different set. The PMG Masters looks like this for 98

And this for 99

(02-16-2014, 04:47 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: He's confusing sets. He thinks the redemption for the complete set is called the PMG Masters, when thats a completely different set. The PMG Masters looks like this for 98

And this for 99
I'm not confused at all. The first link is for the gem masters parallel for 1999 Metal. The second link is for the gem masters parallel for 1998. I had a redemption card for a complete set of Precious metal gems Parallel from 1998, they just called it the gem masters redemption. There were 5 redemptions, no one got them cause the cards were put in packs and put into circulation.

I was able to ask them for a set of the following year (1999) and they pulled the full 48/50 set of the PMG parallel for me (That parallel can be seen in the original post).

The confusion was in the Gem Masters redemption card, they were supposed to pull 5 sets in 1998 and never did. They do exist, just not by the 'supposed' owners.

So the real question on everyones minds... Can you post scans of the set? Were all curious to see I'm sure
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

(02-16-2014, 09:18 PM)Celticpride242 Wrote: I'm not confused at all. The first link is for the gem masters parallel for 1999 Metal. The second link is for the gem masters parallel for 1998. I had a redemption card for a complete set of Precious metal gems Parallel from 1998, they just called it the gem masters redemption. There were 5 redemptions, no one got them cause the cards were put in packs and put into circulation.

I was able to ask them for a set of the following year (1999) and they pulled the full 48/50 set of the PMG parallel for me (That parallel can be seen in the original post).

The confusion was in the Gem Masters redemption card, they were supposed to pull 5 sets in 1998 and never did. They do exist, just not by the 'supposed' owners.
The person was asking about the 1/1 set. The name you were using for the Percious Metal Gems /50 set was the name for the 1/1 set and it confused many.

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-17-2014, 06:38 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: The person was asking about the 1/1 set. The name you were using for the Percious Metal Gems /50 set was the name for the 1/1 set and it confused many.
You sound like a drama queen. Confused many? 1 person enquired bro. The redemption card was called Gem Masters, what else you want me to do

(02-17-2014, 01:19 AM)nathan craig Wrote: So the real question on everyones minds... Can you post scans of the set? Were all curious to see I'm sure
I sure can post scans. In the mean time, my original post has a link to a photobucket I use with some scans of big name players