Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2007 DPP Question?
Question 
2007 DPP Question?
First off forgive me for asking something that probably came up 6 years ago and is now old news, but I am brand new to Football...

I pulled a Larry Johnson Upper Classman jersey card today from a pack of 2007 Topps DPP and I happened to notice a blank white sticker placed over the area of the card where a serial number would normally be. Upon closer examination I could see the card actually DID have a serial number on it that Topps had blanked out. It appears it was originally /2006.

Just wondering if anyone knows why they decided to do this? Are they all that way from that subset?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

RE: 2007 DPP Question?
I really have no clue but Id like to check it out if possible. Any chance of a pic?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Hmm interesting! Larry Johnson, Grandmama? Or Penn State/KC LJ? Judging by the sig I'd say Grandmama! But just wanted to be sure. Either way I'd like to see a pic as well. Interesting..
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Sorry guys I forgot about this post! Here is a scan of the 5 Senior Standout cards I have so far. As you can see there is clearly a strip of whiteout on the bottom of each of them. It will not show in scan but with card in hand you can see they were all originally numbered /2006

[Image: SeniorStandoutsWhiteoutSerials.jpg]
(01-31-2014, 02:29 AM)pudge27t Wrote: Hmm interesting! Larry Johnson, Grandmama? Or Penn State/KC LJ? Judging by the sig I'd say Grandmama! But just wanted to be sure. Either way I'd like to see a pic as well. Interesting..
Lol yes I am far more familiar with Grandmama than the latter, but in this case I meant the running back.
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]