`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How would you handle this Ebay seller issue?

How would you handle this Ebay seller issue?
I think we all understand that life happens and that's more important than this fun hobby of ours. But here's the situation I'm facing.

On Jan. 11 I bought and paid for a best offer item. That was a Saturday. The item was marked as shipped and a tracking number created for it on the 14th - a Tuesday. (Not as fast as I would have shipped or the other item I bought that day shipped, but still acceptable.) I was given an anticipated delivery date of Jan. 18.

Given it was coming from the east coast and I know about the weather out there, I gave it some extra time when it didn't show up. On Jan. 23, after the tracking info hadn't updated since the initial Jan. 14 "received" notification, I emailed the seller to ask if it had shipped.

He emailed me back the next day (Jan. 24) and told me he'd gone out of town for a family emergency (funeral) and then the bad weather hit. He apologized for not contacting me to let me know the situation. But he also told me it had shipped and should be here soon. He also hoped it wouldn't affect his scores.

I gave it another few days and on Jan. 27 I messaged him again to let him know it hadn't arrived yet. No response from the seller to that message. But the tracking info updated the following day ... that it was accepted on Jan. 28. Now it appears I'll get the package Jan. 31 or Feb. 1 ... 2-3 weeks later for USPS First-Class mail.

So it appears it hadn't actually been shipped when I received his sob story. If he'd simply told me he'd forgotten to ship it, I wouldn't have minded. But it appears he lied about it. Maybe about the whole thing?

He's got 100% feedback on over 1,500 transactions, so I don't want to jump to conclusions and hit him with a negative, but this is ridiculous.

Your thoughts?
Kepler

RE: How would you handle this Ebay seller issue?
life catches up to you sometimes. things happen

If you get the card, and it's in good condition...would you get any satisfaction with leaving a negative or nuetral?

Hit the shipping time and communication DSR's, and move on

You mean there could be a liar on eBay? OMG!!!

I personally have never been so anxious to receive my orders. I mean I want them to come but a week or two is par for the course. If it gets to be close to three weeks then I try to establish contact. That's just me.

If you get your item and it's to your satisfaction then I think you win. Everybody is different. He should have been up front with you just to keep you in the loop because that would be the considerate thing to do but if he's got sparkling feedback then maybe he just got busy and time slipped by.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I did give it about 2 weeks before I contacted him. Then it was another 5 days before it actually shipped. I know life happens, but 3+ weeks is a bit ridiculous. When I sell something I feel bad if it takes the full 5 estimated days. Maybe that's just me though.
Kepler

I'd leave a positive and ding the DSRs.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

That's how I'm leaning, but I'm also going to inspect the card a lot more than I usually do.
Kepler

I'm all for giving sellers a brake on shipping, but when you start lying? That crosses a line in my opinion. Sellers need be honest with the buyer, it will go a lot further. I'd ding him just for lying about it. I sell on ebay and have had things come up (grandmother passed away) and I was completely honest about it. I told him it would be a few extra days before I could ship since I had to leave town on short notice.

Maybe he will send you a bonus card or something to make up for it, or maybe the card comes in poor condition. You won't really know what to do or shouldn't really decide until the entire situation plays out.

If you've been dying for this card and the delivery promises a timeframe that he didn't deliver on then he shouldn't expect anything other then at least a small ding on delivery time. He has to know it's his own fault.

(01-30-2014, 11:18 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Hit the shipping time and communication DSR's, and move on
This

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

So long as the card arrives and all is ok with it, then I would definitely ding him on stars for shipping speed and communication.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/