`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions 67 & 68...

RE: Questions 67 & 68...
Mark: Regarding my post, I'm not pointing fingers at you or anyone here! When it comes to trading with you in particular, we haggle back and forth to actually make it worth both the time and the postage, which is beneficial to us both! I'm totally cool with how you and I conduct our trades.
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(01-27-2014, 06:02 PM)mswatson Wrote: News to me, I'm still getting emails when somebody offers a trade, when they're updated and when they're accepted. Lots of 'em.
yea, not system wide. but a sizeable chunk of the userbase lost the notifications, and we cant get them back

(01-27-2014, 08:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yea, not system wide. but a sizeable chunk of the userbase lost the notifications, and we cant get them back
OK, thanks for the update, much appreciated. Will start sending PMs to traders if I don't hear from them after a week or so...
(01-27-2014, 06:49 PM)opierocks Wrote: Mark: Regarding my post, I'm not pointing fingers at you or anyone here! When it comes to trading with you in particular, we haggle back and forth to actually make it worth both the time and the postage, which is beneficial to us both! I'm totally cool with how you and I conduct our trades.
Agreed, I think you & I have always had good trading experiences. But I do have a preference for bigger trades, where that works out, especially when sending to Canada or across the Atlantic, since the USPS raised the rates....
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

Hey guys. Ive been over this post a few times, and went to post something..... deleted it.... and again and deleted it again.... lol. I know trading partners are hard to find right now - and this post isnt to call anyone out or have a dig. But just because someone has something marked as a want, doesnt mean they want to give up their best traders for it. I mean really, who wants to give up a 50 dollar auto for a heap of inserts, it just doesnt make sense to me. It certainly doesnt work that way when most people on these boards have a nice Thornton patch auto I want and I offer them equal value in base for it? And if it doesn, please point me in their direction. It isnt like you can mark a card as a want 1 being "ohhhh I kind of want it" and 10 being "heres my first born son", there is varying level of want lol. So im a little surprised to see some people saying its fine to trade trash for treasure when it clearly isnt how a significant number of people operate. Personally I only started set building because most people dont have things I want, and I like to try and accomodate trades. Its also why I started collecting all sharks and not just having player PCs. Just my two cents.... for what its worth, some base of a rookie patch auto..... but meh.

Steve.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(01-29-2014, 05:14 AM)nemesis77777 Wrote: who wants to give up a 50 dollar auto for a heap of inserts, it just doesnt make sense to me.
Yeah, I get that and have no issue at all with it. The situation I was asking about is where somebody has a want list with a bunch of really low value base cards (and probably some high value cards too) but only puts traders in with higher BV - they've set up a situation where it's not possible to match value, they'd be forced to trade down to get those low value cards they've marked as wanted because they've got nothing equal in value to trade away.

So my question really was, if I have those low value cards they want, do I offer them a trade where they have to trade down, or do I just not offer a trade at all, those seem to be the only two choices.

I would offer the cards in trade but leave your portion for cards in return blank ... I would then add a comment suggesting that you would settle for equivalent value cards, but that you aren't seeing anything in their ORG of that nature. I've dealt with many traders who have tons of lower range cards but only take the time to ORG their High End.... This may nudge them to start entering mid range and lower end value cards to their ORGs... Just a thought .....
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

(01-29-2014, 05:30 AM)mswatson Wrote: So my question really was, if I have those low value cards they want, do I offer them a trade where they have to trade down, or do I just not offer a trade at all, those seem to be the only two choices.
Ahhhh, im with you now. I gotta stop reading these in the middle of the night LOL. Yeah I guess its all you can do..... and drop a note asking them to add some more BV friendly match up cards if theyre not happy with it. I suppose most of the people adding their cards like that would probably non paying members, to keep their org active.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

I do not have an OPG, so whenever I'm involved in a trade, be it for low value base, or high end inserts, I will typically leave it up to my trade partner. My basic rule of thumb has always been, and will continue to be this: Are you happy with the trade? Am I happy with it? That's all that matters. I don't even really care too much about "evening up", as long as we're not like a huge distance apart...usually within a $5 range is good for me! And getting back to the postage issue(s) for a moment...I've had traders make offers that were BV wise, significantly in my favour, and when questioned, the response has been " You're going to pay so much more than me for shipping, so it's cool" Again, I'm cool with that as well, if they are. Goes back to making sure both sides are happy with the deal they've done!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(01-27-2014, 09:04 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: a lot of folks arent getting trade notifications anymore (it stopped a few months ago). my advice: always send a pm when making a trade offer
OK, have a situation where I proposed a trade just about two weeks ago and have heard nothing. I can see other guy's last login date is Feb 3, today. So taking your advice, I go to their profile and hit Send a Message, and get the following message:

"The recipient has chosen to hide their email address and as a result you cannot email them."

I've never understood why folks would set up cards to be traded and then make it impossible to communicate with them.

Update - I went directly into my user control panel and composed a message, typed the other guy's name in - it appears to have been sent OK but I have no idea if he'll get it. Seems odd that one part of the system blocks sending a message while another part allows it...

Many flaws to work out yet ..... Try typing in a particular card and looking it up from the traders wants list. 90% of the actual traders who want that card, haven't utilized this site in years. I've used this feature on many occasions and the one trader's name is on every want list. Could members be removed from the boards after a specified time of inactivity. There is so much potential for this feature to generate ample trades ..... not trying to be negative, just hoping to provide constructive feedback. Those members who are active are great to deal with .......
..... deleger22@hotmail.com