• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sorry Int'l buyers...Shipping just increased another 10.5%

Sorry Int'l buyers...Shipping just increased another 10.5%
Ug...Postage went up again!!

2.05 to 2.29 for first ounce
2.95 to 3.23 for 2oz.

Priority is now $24.75.

[Image: sad.gif]
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

RE: Sorry Int'l buyers...Shipping just increased another 10.5%
damn
what'll be the point being registered here???
or usps want all trading cards collectors to settle in U.S. ???
collecting chris webber and "on card" nba license autographs (no jersey, not num
bered)

From eBay I get a lot out of Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. They charge US $3 to get cards to me in Spain. US sellers are becoming less and less of an option for me. Especially since eBay installed that international shipment program, those costs are on the border of extortion.

Domestic went up 12+% too...
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Honestly? as an International buyer, i do not mind - AS LONG as the quality improves. I have had such a horrible time with shipments going missing before they even leave the US with no tracking updates. Zero problems when i get the packages from the Japan/HK/China btw, and shipping from there costs me less. Problem is that out of every 10 ebay purchases i make, 2 or 3 max are from JAP/HK/CH.

In a nutshell, i will gladly pay the $24 for shipping (for cards worth more than $100), as long as my cards actually get here.
PC Players: Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala
Currant set chase: 12/13 NT Dual Matchups Prime (71/100), Absolute Team Tandems Prime (12/25), Innovation Stat Line Prime (7/25)
PC: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28871127@N03/sets

(01-26-2014, 03:09 PM)Rabie1 Wrote: Zero problems when i get the packages from the Japan/HK/China btw, and shipping from there costs me less.
co-sign

Well to be honest high shipping charges from the US is not at the top of my problems list. Because:
1- That would mean that a US seller is actually willing to sell/send to my country.
2- I already have to endure my government deciding it was ok to charge me a percentage for every international charge that I make.
3- As much as I complaint I understand why a lot of people won't sell to us. Every time I buy something I cross fingers that it won't get stolen by someone in my post.
4- If I surpass a certain fee (That some people here could pay for an 1/8 of their card) I need to pay %50 for anything above that.
5- Oh and from tomorrow my government is only allowing me to buy twice a year if I don't want to have to become an importer. No idea how trading counts to all this.
So yeah no high in my priority problem.
Sorry this post turned out so negative. It wasn't my idea but I guess I needed to vent.

Being from Denmark, who happens to have one the best rated postal services in europe, I am not too fuzzed. I already pay like 3$ to ship to the US. However, that ebay global trading thing is nuts. Charging 26$ for a shipment of a 5$ card is insanity. Not exactly sure what went wrong there.

Ebay should follow the example of sites like magiccardmarket or it might soon be a US domestic site.

(01-26-2014, 04:53 PM)Caffrey Wrote: Well to be honest high shipping charges from the US is not at the top of my problems list. Because:
1- That would mean that a US seller is actually willing to sell/send to my country.
2- I already have to endure my government deciding it was ok to charge me a percentage for every international charge that I make.
3- As much as I complaint I understand why a lot of people won't sell to us. Every time I buy something I cross fingers that it won't get stolen by someone in my post.
4- If I surpass a certain fee (That some people here could pay for an 1/8 of their card) I need to pay %50 for anything above that.
5- Oh and from tomorrow my government is only allowing me to buy twice a year if I don't want to have to become an importer. No idea how trading counts to all this.
So yeah no high in my priority problem.
Sorry this post turned out so negative. It wasn't my idea but I guess I needed to vent.
Where are you located? That is terrible you have to go through all of that. You can only buy twice a year? You mean your government only allows you to make international card purchases twice a year? That is ludicrous.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Quote:Where are you located? That is terrible you have to go through all of that. You can only buy twice a year? You mean your government only allows you to make international card purchases twice a year? That is ludicrous.

i heard Argentina updated to that system a few days ago for invoices above $25... to favor their own industry
collecting chris webber and "on card" nba license autographs (no jersey, not num
bered)