`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPIC Upper Deck mailday ... MJ AUTO!

EPIC Upper Deck mailday ... MJ AUTO!
Hey guys, I bought a redemption card online back in July.

Finally got this beauty via FedEx on Tuesday ...

[Image: AutoMJ_zps5f9625e9.jpg]

What's cool is that when I saw those 16-auto booklets of MJ a couple of months ago, I started to wonder whether Upper Deck was liquidating its autos or whatever, so I hurried up and asked for a replacement.

However, this is the actual card I was supposed to get!

(This is actually the third MJ auto I've owned, but I sold the other two — 2005-06 Sweet Shot and 2011 Goodwin Champions. This is the first one that I am the original owner on. The scratches are on the case. The auto itself is pretty bold in black Sharpie. I'm pretty darn happy with it.)

RE: EPIC Upper Deck mailday ... MJ AUTO!
sweet card, nice big auto!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(01-23-2014, 10:15 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: sweet card, nice big auto!!!!
Thanks man ... I was a little nervous about the redemption because some of those "Home Court" autos from other years/releases looked a little thin ... but as you can see, this was pretty solid.

Suffice it to say, I'm keeping this one!

Congrats man! That is a beauty. The auto really pops on that background. Good luck if you send it in!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Hey man sweet card nice clean auto, if you decide to move that one keep me in mind! Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

COngrats on the MJ!!

I am down to one MJ auto too and thinking of adding another soon...
[Image: arod.gif]

That card is wicked! Congrats! Someday I will get one to...

Sweet!! I'm glad to see it arrived safely!!

(01-24-2014, 11:37 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Congrats man! That is a beauty. The auto really pops on that background. Good luck if you send it in!
Not letting it out of my sight for a minute, LOL
(01-24-2014, 01:13 PM)kevinr Wrote: Hey man sweet card nice clean auto, if you decide to move that one keep me in mind! Smile
I seem to remember us having a similar conversation before, LOL
(01-24-2014, 02:53 PM)arod1973 Wrote: COngrats on the MJ!!

I am down to one MJ auto too and thinking of adding another soon...
Thank you ... I sold my other one shortly before I bought the redemption, so I've had a huge hole in my hoops PC for about six months.
(01-24-2014, 04:39 PM)magneto2 Wrote: That card is wicked! Congrats! Someday I will get one to...
The good news is that some of the Carolina autos are a fair amount cheaper than the Bulls/Wizards autos.

In my opinion, the ones with the grainy/blurry black and white photos aren't that great, but if you get one with a nice picture and design they're a pretty good deal.

Plus, I've always been a fan of SP Authentic (bought the famous Vince Carter RC and pulled the LeBron RC myself), so it's cool to have an MJ auto from that brand.
(01-24-2014, 05:24 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Sweet!! I'm glad to see it arrived safely!!
Yeah, what was funny was that it was supposed to arrive sometime Tuesday (8 a.m. to 8 p.m., way to be specific!) ... so around 10:30 a.m. I called to request that they take it somewhere where I could pick it up, because I didn't want to miss them.

Like 10 minutes after I called, the guy showed up at my door. I was pretty stoked.

I didn't want to wait either so I got a reperslacement and got the 11-12 version which is at BGS now Smile
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green