`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 SPx: 1/2 box (9-pack) break

1997-98 SPx: 1/2 box (9-pack) break
So I watched a full box of this product get sniped from me in the last minute (bid $155.55, it went for $188!) but then the same seller had 9 loose packs that I got for under $50 shipped!

I actually did really well, got two silvers (1:6) and a gold (1:18) so I beat the odds. No MJs though. I need every MJ from this product except the base, so kinda bummed there.

Here are the highlights! Basically, you get two base and some sort of parallel every pack. the sky parallels are listed as 1:1, but you don't get a sky parallel and another parallel if you get a rarer color.

Base: Shaq, Garnett, T-Mac RC

Sky: Rodman, Pippen, Billups (RC)

Bronze (1:3): 'Zo

Silver (1:6): J-Kidd, Iverson

Gold (1:18): Anfernee Hardaway!

It was nice to get decent players of the rarer parallels. It was actually a really nice product to bust. Obviously my paypal evaporated with my MJ purchase, but I hope I can bust a full box of this in the not too distant future and at least take a run at the base set. Thanks for looking!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: 1997-98 SPx: 1/2 box (9-pack) break
Nice!!!! I love that set. A few yrs back I found 6 packs of them at an antique mall for $2 ea, was a fun rip for sure.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I need that PENNY!!!! Please check me
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

I need to ask this. So I am throwing together this base set and perhaps the sky parallel. I am just curious, why would the unbroken box go for so much?? Is it because of the potential for the grand finale's?? I grabbed a few golds from my LCS for a few bucks each. I need to know!!!
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(01-23-2014, 06:03 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I need to ask this. So I am throwing together this base set and perhaps the sky parallel. I am just curious, why would the unbroken box go for so much?? Is it because of the potential for the grand finale's?? I grabbed a few golds from my LCS for a few bucks each. I need to know!!!
Yeah absolutely. I mean I only broke 9 packs and I pulled 3 cards that booked $10+ which, in comparison, only pulled 3 cards that fit that bill in two full boxes of 1997 SPx (of course, there are 3 cards per pack instead of one!).

The most money I've ever made on a card was the Rodman Grand Finale I found at a flea market. Paid $5 for a page of 'R' last name cards, sold the Rodman for $800 (didn't see the back 'til I got home, thought it was just the gold haha). The MJs all have nice bvs, and it's second-year Kobes and Duncan RCs.

Any MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, T-Mac Grand Finale would pull 4 figures. Even common grand finales would probably get you your money back if you spent $200 or so on the box.

I still wanna bust one though!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Nice penny
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice break! Would love a shot at the Rodman Smile
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United