`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Who would you purchase next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Durant - Forget the prices I am a buyer all day!
14.29%
1 14.29%
McAdoo - I can get a cool affordable card of an undervalued great of the game!
57.14%
4 57.14%
Please do an analysis of someone else!
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Durant vs. Bob McAdoo who would win....it may surprise you!

Kevin Durant vs. Bob McAdoo who would win....it may surprise you!
We like to do analysis of forgotten players who could be a Hobby Bargain and today we picked the comparison of Bob McAdoo and Kevin Durant. Though there will be no arguments over who has the more valuable and desired cards...it doesn't mean we shouldn't give McAdoo a little more hobby love!

For the full statistical analysis you can check here:
http://forloveofhomeplate.com/kevin-dura...ob-mcadoo/

Thought I would love to hear your thoughts as well as some other player comparisons you think we should do.

Happy Collecting!

Home Plate
Twitter: @HomePlateCards

photo Kevin-Durant-Exquisite-RC-Patch-Auto_zps36ccf9d2.jpg

photo McAdooRC_zpseb650148.jpg
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: Kevin Durant vs. Bob McAdoo who would win....it may surprise you!
They are in different eras, so it is impossible to judge them.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

(01-23-2014, 01:41 PM)classical_hero Wrote: They are in different eras, so it is impossible to judge them.
Agreed....you would get some who will say the competition level has been watered down through expansion - though not to take anything away from Durant's otherworldly skills.

What I like to do is find perhaps some over-looked players from a Hobby perspective that in comparison can be collected in an affordable fashion.

$10-$20 for a certified auto card of a player of McAdoo's caliber is a pretty good deal in comparison to Durant's prices.
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

(01-23-2014, 02:47 PM)home plate 1989 Wrote: $10-$20 for a certified auto card of a player of McAdoo's caliber is a pretty good deal in comparison to Durant's prices.
There are a TON of great retired players who have extremely cheap autographs when compared to modern stars. It seems like aside from a few premiere players and some that have passed away, most star players who retired by the mid-80s can all be picked up cheaply now. There are plenty of HOFers whose certified autograph cards can be picked up for $5 or less (and even more whose autographs are under $10), which is just insanely cheap when comparing to today's stars autographs.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/