`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 topps series 1 release date.

RE: 2014 topps series 1 release date.
(01-24-2014, 11:09 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Joe, I'll hold onto the relics from the blasters I buy!
Awesome! You know me, I'll treat you right....LOL. Gonna meander out in a bit to see if anything has hit the stores. Me and my partner in crime are chomping at the bit!!!!!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Cant decide if im going to buy any of this or not, passed on a case break of jumbo's.
I always end up with a box full of worthless base topps products and dont get much luck with hits and SP's

Based on pictures it looks like topps is really trying to trick up this years release maybe to counter some of what panini is doing design wise

Just looked and it seems like they have a rookie cup insert set with the rookie cup trophy imbedded within the card. /99 with big names like jeter, griffey and trout. I started smiling, but my wallet started crying.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(01-25-2014, 11:53 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Just looked and it seems like they have a rookie cup insert set with the rookie cup trophy imbedded within the card. /99 with big names like jeter, griffey and trout. I started smiling, but my wallet started crying.
Yeah those look cool but I have cruddy luck pulling that stuff.....I think there's a retail only auto insert line too

There is also apparently some type of special Walmart Promo Variation of card #1 Mike Trout but no word on rarity or if there is a specific way to get it ( blaster, rack packs etc...)

There is also a Reg Hobby Box only (Not Hobby Jumbo) clear acetate style parallel /10

http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/20...-rage.html

In my latest blog post I thoroughly rip 2014 Topps to shreds. I pray that I like these better when I'm holding them in my hands, because early sightings look like crap.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(01-25-2014, 07:13 PM)cross4444 Wrote: http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/20...-rage.html

In my latest blog post I thoroughly rip 2014 Topps to shreds. I pray that I like these better when I'm holding them in my hands, because early sightings look like crap.
The more I see of this product the less and less I like it. Chris I don't know what that monstrosity is on your blog post....AND I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! That is quite possibly the worst colour border, parallel or otherwise, since Fleer and Donruss decided to "experiment" with LSD from 1986 to 1991 or so. I'm going to pass on the flagship, which for a base set builder is like treason or something. That is how bad it is. Instead I'll wait for Heritage and pick on or either A&G or Gypsy Queen to play with this year, and maybe pick up the Tigers from flagship...maybe.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I'm determined to put together the Walmart parallel set no matter how much I dislike a)Walmart and b) 2014 Topps. Luckily I've met enough good traders here and elsewhere that I'll be able to trade cards from other sets to pick a lot of them up so I won't have to buy much myself! I'm ecstatic for Heritage though, so I have zero problems buying that one.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

The 1965 Topps (2014 Heritage) design will always look infinitely better than almost anything else Topps can put out, and probably blow away any other set this year, IMO, Especially if Tanaka has his debut in that product.
Any word where Tanaka will make his Yankees Uni Debut? Based on last years heritage release, my friend, Dan Pfister had to have his signed cards done and returned before the end of Jan to make it into the product. Might be cutting it too close for getting Tanaka into that set. Maybe it'll be in April with the Gypsy Queen release? Anyone?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

My guess is Tanaka will be similar to Puig so either Ginter or Gypsy and then of course hit hard for every major set after that.