`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will ARod appear in 2014 product?

Will ARod appear in 2014 product?
Do you think one-time Topps poster boy, Alex Rodriguez, will appear in any 2014 product?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Will ARod appear in 2014 product?
(01-17-2014, 01:10 PM)zeprock Wrote: Do you think one-time Topps poster boy, Alex Rodriguez, will appear in any 2014 product?
I doubt it. Not really any reason for him to. Hopefully he disappears forever.

my guess is hes already in series 1 topps

I hope aroid isn't.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(01-17-2014, 01:26 PM)rentzington Wrote: my guess is hes already in series 1 topps
This is probabley true but they might pull him. The way I see it MLB has has supended him so that should be the same on all their license products.

If they do put ARod in their products this year will they have "game used gummies"
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(01-17-2014, 03:23 PM)beginesj Wrote: This is probabley true but they might pull him. The way I see it MLB has has supended him so that should be the same on all their license products.

If they do put ARod in their products this year will they have "game used gummies"

series 1 hits the end of the month, checklist is out and guess who is NOT on it anywhere

Nah, they'll pull an Alex Gordon circa 2006 ... a few copies of the "pulled" A-Rod base card will get out by "mistake" and will go for like $500 when they first hit the bay.

The Today Show and all those fluff pieces of crap will do stories on it like they did with the squirrel card a couple of years ago.

Topps may suck out loud at times, but they're not stupid.

Case in point — the Bryce Harper "rookie card" from 2012 Topps Series 2.

No reason whatsoever that they HAD to release it when they did, other than to SP the s--t out of it.

They could have waited for Update, like they did with Trout in 2011 and Puig in 2013, rather than putting that BS subset card in Update that they tried to pass off as a "RC" by slapping that stupid logo on it.

(01-17-2014, 03:31 PM)rentzington Wrote: series 1 hits the end of the month, checklist is out and guess who is NOT on it anywhere
Where did you see a checklist-- I have seen partial ones but not the full checklist.

Lets hope not....what a waste.
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(01-17-2014, 09:44 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Where did you see a checklist-- I have seen partial ones but not the full checklist.
saw it on cardboard connections, looked pretty complete to me