`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
98 Playoff Contenders Peyton Manning

98 Playoff Contenders Peyton Manning
Is there any reason none of Peyton's cards from this set are designated as a RC by Beckett?

RE: 98 Playoff Contenders Peyton Manning
Because the packs have 3 base sets in them. A product can only have one RC, and since all three sets have one card of each rookie, none are actual RCs. Priest Holmes only has one card in the three sets, so his Ticket card is a true RC.
I would argue, over time, the hobby has accepted the fact that the ticket cards are the true RC.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

so how does that work with black diamond then? or collector's edge? these sets have parallels of the base card and the base is listed as a RC

These are 3 BASE cards, not parallels so it's different. Since there sub sets Beckett doesn't use a RC designation. Unlike a normally numbered set where the first card (or most logical card) would be the RC, such as Marino's 1984. There are several 1984 Topps Marino cards, but only #123 is the true RC. And it really doesn't matter whether it says RC next to it because it's all about what people want and they are very collectible IMO.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --