`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A sad day for my PC

A sad day for my PC
Recently there were 2 Brian Hartline triple threads white whale plates to pop up on eBay. They had 17 jersey spots and both had really nice patches. Now they sold a little too high for my liking but that seemed to be the norm for these triple threads. In that case they were actually cheap. (Each sold for $104 and $107).

I do not feel like these are his best to date, bc I have the national treasures 1/1 full reebok patch that I feel his best to date Smile I'm biased lol, but none the less these where defently upper tier cards of him. I believe his first triple threads card.

What is sad is that for Christmas I wanted giftcards to eBay and my fiancé was able to get me a $250 prepaid visa. I was pumped and wanted to get something special as I don't normally buy high value cards through out the year. But the day after Christmas my wheel bearing seized up in my car forcing me to lose control and slide into a ditch. After the repairs it left me without that 250 gift card and another 500 of my own cash Sad

My point of the story is I hope those 2 plates went to great homes, not to sound mean but to whomever won them, you are very lucky I was not able to bid. When I get back on my feet, I'm coming back with a vengeance

RE: A sad day for my PC
Sorry to hear about the accident ! hope your OK!

They will prolly come around again... if not ... there will always be something just as good!

Keep searching... thats the best part anyway

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Thanks for the kind words! I am fine, no injuries..

Those 2 plates in my eyes just laid the rest of a foundation for my Hartline PC.. I have over 300 uniques and about 20 1/1s. Most of my PC are lower serial as I can get higher ##, and base stuff 24/7. Those 2 plates would have really set me apart from other Hartline exclusive collectors.. But like I said, I'm coming back......soon Smile

If no one was hurt in the accident, worry not about the cards. They are replaceable.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-12-2014, 08:39 PM)jonathani Wrote: If no one was hurt in the accident, worry not about the cards. They are replaceable.
Thanks!

Yeah they'll come around again
My #1 want is a 2011 topps black plate for Hartline (have the other 3 and I've never seen someone have all 4!!)
My #2 is anything from 2009 bowman chrome I need, (the red auto /5, and the black 1/1s non auto and auto)

If I was in the hunt for either of these I might have been walking to work for a bit lol

Good luck man on findin them I was astonished by what they wen for. I only have 1 hartline 1/1 on my pc it's a LCM black from 2010 I think
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(01-12-2014, 08:39 PM)jonathani Wrote: If no one was hurt in the accident, worry not about the cards. They are replaceable.
WELL SAID. I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR ALL OTHER HARTLINE COLLECTORS. HOPE YOU WEREN'T HURT.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

What a surprise both of the cards above were relisted on the bay for about 3x the purchase price. What do you like a good price is for both? They are both listed at $282 and bought for $104 and $107 which I thought and other dolphin collectors thought was high. I would suck it up and pay the 104 and 107 but that would defeat what the seller is trying to profit..what to do?????

Those purchased prices were kinda high as is, so I wonder what the motivation is to move...

I was in bot of up to 80$ each.... maybe and a huge MAYBE would go 100 each 175 for the pair.... thats just me and what I think they are worth Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-17-2014, 05:22 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I was in bot of up to 80$ each.... maybe and a huge MAYBE would go 100 each 175 for the pair.... thats just me and what I think they are worth Smile
I was thinking the same exact thing. But talked myself into paying his purchase price bc I really want them. But after some words, we are worlds apart. So hopefully here in the next few week I can work something out, but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to get them.....Again.