`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
TIps for the novice

TIps for the novice
I've always been a big sports fan but never have gotten the motive to collect cards. Recently, my mother's boss gave me his collection of cards ranging from every sport, some trading games and brand. They look really great and I'm really starting to to enjoy looking through the cards and reading about the players. I want to start collecting my own cards. Can anyone give me any tips for starting my collection? As far as players to focus on, companies to buy from, which boxes to get, grading, etc. Any tips will help considering it's a new year with new things coming out. well thanks for reading you all and I appreciate any advice you all can give me.

RE: TIps for the novice
Here are my thoughts:
1) What sport do you like the most? I would start here. If you like other sports enough after collecting for a while, you can throw them in, but I would start off with one to begin with
2) Is there a certain team you like the most? Or do you like the play of one particular player? I would say start reading up about players that may interest you, or the team you are thinking about, and see if they fit you. For instance, the reason I'm a Packers fan instead of a Bengals or Browns fan (grew up halfway between the cities) was because when I was old enough to understand what was going on, I realized how much I loved the history of the Packers. But, that was my reason to collect them, and you'll need to find something that speaks to you. Or, is there a certain college that you went to and you like the players from that team?
3) Brand is subjective, but my first suggestion would be to go through the breaks section here and look through the pictures and see what you like! I personally love Prizm, Chrome, Playbook, and like a couple of other sets, but your tastes may vary. If you're going college, there are a bunch of really good Upper Deck products.
4) Grading - no advice, I don't grade (yet).

I know others will chime in, but that might get your hamster running in it's wheel Smile

IS THERE A TEAM YOU HAVE MORE THAN A LITTLE INTEREST IN, WOULD START THERE. I LOVE CONTENDERS. I ALSO LIKE TOPPS CHROME & PRIZM. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR NEW HOBBY!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Buy singles
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK