`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Crossover Grading Affect Population Reports

How does Crossover Grading Affect Population Reports
Hey all I was just curious about how if I was to submit a card from PSA or another company to get re-slabbed by Beckett how would it affect the population report from both companies. Does Beckett inform PSA or SGC with the card serial number and they remove it from there population report and the other way round too?
I think I have my answer as I have a 1994 Stadium Club Bo Jackson card #547 currently graded a Beckett 9 (Card Serial Number: 0007779341) and when I purchased it the person left a PSA label of the same card (Cert Verification # 14855539) graded PSA10. They are both up on the Pop report and just wanted to find out for sure if this isn't just a mess up.
If I'm right in thinking one card is counted by both companies I would think this is kind of a problem of the real population of high grade cards. This is especially annoying since I'll probably try and get it re-slabbed as a PSA10. Very annoying and hopefully I managed to get out what I meant even if I did ramble a bit.
Thanks all

RE: How does Crossover Grading Affect Population Reports
The POP reports are off lol I'm not sure if PSA and BGS communicate (My guess is no) but I can tell you that when most people crack and resub they do not send their labels in to be removed from the pop report. If you have a BGS 9 that was once a PSA 10 that you want to get crossed back over I'm going to bet that it will be counted twice in the PSA pop report and once in the BGS one.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I doubt there's inter-company communication for the sake of keeping pop reports accurate. I have a BGS plaque from one I cracked that I plan to send back once the cards received back in my hands from a regrade. Whether or not BGS does anything with it will be beyond me.

Thanks for taking the time to reply as its been a question that's been bugging me. Its a shame the companies can't get together so we could have a true POP report tho even if a few would get by with people cracking open and re-subbing. I dunno why it bugs me but I really would like an exact number for the POP of cards.

CONGRATS TO the HOF class of 2014 but especially to THE BIG HURT HOF 2014!!!!

I just don't see it as possible to be completely accurate. I'm sure there are a LOT of people who sub, get a poor grade, crack and sell raw for more money too. I just don't see how it's possible to have complete accuracy when the population is taken into account.

Yeah I dont really pay attention to the POP report unless its low numbered and I'm trying to sell lol I personally have cracked close to 50 and have never sent in a single label. My intentions were there but never came to be. There are more people who crack and dont care about the POP report then there are who do.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC