`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps confusion is my gain!!

RE: Topps confusion is my gain!!
(01-09-2014, 08:04 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Call it even for waiting so damn long for these dumba-- redemptions.

Here are things that are not OK:

2) Buying two blasters at Walmart and the near-sighted elderly lady at the register only charges you for one ... and you don't say anything, even though you know she's not charging you the right price ... dooshy, with a twist of bad karma coming your way.

Here is something that is 1,000 percent OK:

A dumba-- card company not being able to look on its own redemption screen or research its own records and being able to determine what it already sent you.

In the process, you get two sweet cards back.

No need to say anything, Topps will keep on being Topps whether you give them the Machado back or not.

No karma involved here. Nice score for you!
I'm not sure I see a big difference between the Walmart scenario and OP's. (I don't feel sorry for Walmart or Topps, I'm just saying that the scenarios are pretty similar).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(01-10-2014, 12:09 AM)uvaspina Wrote: I'm not sure I see a big difference between the Walmart scenario and OP's. (I don't feel sorry for Walmart or Topps, I'm just saying that the scenarios are pretty similar).
In the Walmart scenario, an employee makes an honest mistake in a one-time occurrence. The customer should help the lady out and help her fix her mistake — after all, he's still getting what he expected to pay for, for the price he expected to pay.

In the Topps scenario, Topps has a loooooooong history of doing an absolutely horrific job of A) even fulfilling redemptions to begin with — and I'd be happy to bore you with several personal testimonials to this — and B) taking an inordinate amount of time doing the aforementioned horrific job of fulfilling redemptions.

To me, any eff-up that they make that actually swings in the collector's favor — for once — is perfectly OK.

Wouldnt count on it until inhand, you may have just got someone who had no idea and the number was put there due to you redemption prior.

(01-10-2014, 04:36 AM)jcollyer Wrote: Wouldnt count on it until inhand, you may have just got someone who had no idea and the number was put there due to you redemption prior.

Well the # is now in Atlanta... so unless they sent an empty envelope... something is coming....

(01-10-2014, 08:14 AM)Sargieboy Wrote: Well the # is now in Atlanta... so unless they sent an empty envelope... something is coming....
Don't count your chickens Smile
It might be an Ike Davis replacement special redemption card.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

@ Dr. Mitch... Whatever it is.... "It's free".... Smile

(01-10-2014, 12:37 PM)Sargieboy Wrote: @ Dr. Mitch... Whatever it is.... "It's free".... Smile
That's what you think! People have paid good money to disassociate themselves from those Ike Davis cards Smile Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Only topps nice for u though
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Have you received it yet?
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

What cracks me up about the Ike Davis cards is this:

I would bet anything that Topps, in an effort to revamp its poor redemption program, sent some poor intern across town to the Mets' clubhouse to hit up company spokesman David Wright to sign a few dozen sheets of stickers for replacement autos.

However, Wright probably wasn't there the day the intern showed up (maybe getting treatment or something), and in a moment of true intern-like panic — i.e. not wanting to go back to Topps empty-handed — he asked Ike Davis in the next locker over if he would sign the sheets instead.

The intern then took the Ike stickers back to Topps, and Topps was like, "uh, OK, what do we do now?"

Hence the Ike Davis sticker auto replacements. It's the only logical explanation.