`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Grade Vintage Cards
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - Protects Value
100.00%
8 100.00%
No - Keep them raw
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberto Clemente Collection - Get Graded Yes or No?

Roberto Clemente Collection - Get Graded Yes or No?
I have been thinking more and more that if something happened to me and my family needed money it would be much easier for them to liquidate my collection if it were graded. That being said grading is an expensive proposition.

What does everyone think here?

Are you grading your PC (at least the higher dollar items) to protect your assets?

Here is the "full story" on the collection if you are interested.
http://forloveofhomeplate.com/?p=66

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: Roberto Clemente Collection - Get Graded Yes or No?
Yes you definately should!

Yes, very nice collection, all look very sharp. The 55 is worth grading in any condition.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

You are crazy not too..but at least having them in screw-downs is a plus.
On a re-sale theres pro/cons to everything....
1. Your siblings will not know what the card is and the value and need to research or ask a dealer/
2. Raw-- the value is in the eye of the beholder. Its the what if factor, what its worth.
3. Graded- when done, basically the value is set in stone.
4. Once graded, then passing it on is not worrisome to the family member.

You cant go wrong either way...but if selling- most use PSA to maximize profits.
I always like SGC for their black bordered holders.
and well BVG is known for their holders and people having most difficult 'cracking' them to insert fakes in.

Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(01-06-2014, 02:00 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: You are crazy not too..but at least having them in screw-downs is a plus.
On a re-sale theres pro/cons to everything....
1. Your siblings will not know what the card is and the value and need to research or ask a dealer/
2. Raw-- the value is in the eye of the beholder. Its the what if factor, what its worth.
3. Graded- when done, basically the value is set in stone.
4. Once graded, then passing it on is not worrisome to the family member.

You cant go wrong either way...but if selling- most use PSA to maximize profits.
I always like SGC for their black bordered holders.
and well BVG is known for their holders and people having most difficult 'cracking' them to insert fakes in.
Thanks for the feedback...I guess a lot has changed since I stopped seriously collecting....but alas like many I am returning! I will send in the '55 and some of the ones I think will grade higher and let everyone know what comes back!

Appreciate everyone's feedback!

Ed
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

(01-06-2014, 04:28 PM)home plate 1989 Wrote: Thanks for the feedback...I guess a lot has changed since I stopped seriously collecting....but alas like many I am returning! I will send in the '55 and some of the ones I think will grade higher and let everyone know what comes back!

Appreciate everyone's feedback!

Ed
Yes it has changed. I stopped in the late 80s and got back in around 2002. I resisted the idea of grading but some of it slowly started to make sense. For Clemente cards preservation and protection is not a regrettable investment. I still love collecting raw vintage though.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos