`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Display Advice

PC Display Advice
I created this plaque to showcase my PC. Its all I have left of my collection and I wanted a way to display it. When I built it, I had 9 open slots I think.

Well the time has come where I have 1 open. If Matt McGloin has an auto in SP Authentic the plaque will be filled. My guess is Allen Robinson will be in 2014 Upper Deck so that right there makes 1 more PC card than I have room for.

What should I do? Create another one like this to continue the collection? I think that'd be ideal but I dont know if I have the room to hang it. Should I make 2 smaller ones? The plaque currently holds 49 PC cards. 7 rows of 7 cards (not including the 2 "showcase cards" at the top). I could maybe cut it down to 2 plaques (2 new ones) of 5 rows of 7 or 5 rows of 5 or whatever would look best. That's why I thought I'd ask. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Full Penn State Plaque photo IMAG0121.jpg
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

RE: PC Display Advice
2 SMALLER ONES ON EACH SIDE OF BIG FRAME.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

If I made 2 smaller ones they'd take the place of the large one. I don't currently have the room to add to the current one. Thanks for the idea though.

If I made a second one just like this one I'd really have to move some things around in the room and that MIGHT be my last options. Not really sure yet though.

Does any player have more than one card in the display?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(01-05-2014, 05:01 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Does any player have more than one card in the display?
No. Qualifications to make the plaque are

1. Pack Certified. No in person autos.
2. Rookie year
3. Has to be in PSU uniform, helmet on. No senior bowl uniforms.
4. I only do 1 of each player.

So basically the PC gets added to each year as long as PSU doesn't go on another drought (no cards in 2003, 2004 or 2005).

(01-05-2014, 05:12 PM)mkufta Wrote: No. Qualifications to make the plaque are

1. Pack Certified. No in person autos.
2. Rookie year
3. Has to be in PSU uniform, helmet on. No senior bowl uniforms.
4. I only do 1 of each player.

So basically the PC gets added to each year as long as PSU doesn't go on another drought (no cards in 2003, 2004 or 2005).
Can the Penn State name and logo be removed from the display? It would free up space for about four more and buy you some time to create a more permanent solution.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(01-05-2014, 09:58 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Can the Penn State name and logo be removed from the display? It would free up space for about four more and buy you some time to create a more permanent solution.
Hmm, that's something I haven't thought of. I definitely like having it there but everything was put on with some kind of heavy duty double sided tape and gorilla glue. I think if you tried to remove the magnetic holders they'd probably break before they came off so I don't really know if the PENN STATE and the logo would come off. Id hate to try, ruin it while finding out I can't get them off and then being screwed. Not ruling it out though.