`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's One Redemption Topps Won't Be Filling

RE: Here's One Redemption Topps Won't Be Filling
It works a lot differently in baseball than other sports. Injuries are less common and more unlikely, so if a player has confidence that they deserve to be drafted higher, then it can pay huge dividends financially just out of the draft. In theory, another year in college should be pretty equal to a year in the low minors, especially if you have solid coaching. Therefore, he should (in theory) still reach the majors at the same time as he would if he signed this year. So basically he's betting on being drafted higher next year and getting a larger signing bonus.

The other possibility is he just didn't want to sign with the team that drafted him.

(01-04-2014, 11:32 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Seems crazy that he'd roll the dice when he was picked 10th overall. I mean, what's the opportunity cost of a year when your potential career is only like 0.1-20 years (tops).
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

he may have just wanted to go to college. SoCal coeds sound much more fun than whatever podunk town he would have been in playing rookie ball...
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

Nice redemption
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Actually when he gets drafted again next year then they will fill the redemption.

Just kidding i hope.