`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone just watch ohio state vs Clemson?

Anyone just watch ohio state vs Clemson?
Why didnt OSU use their final two timeouts right there at the end? By my count they would have forced Clemson to punt with about 20 seconds left. Unless there is something I do not know Im confused.

And Im not an OSU fan.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Anyone just watch ohio state vs Clemson?
I am an OSU fan and I thought the same thing, Also that wasn't an interception, and the head of officiating was just covering his guys on the field. Whatever I'm already over it, I'm just ready to start getting those Carlos Hyde cards in the mail Smile haha

Yeah I agree with you. There was never any possession by the defender and I cant believe that play didnt go under review. The whole ending just seemed off to me. I just think you have to use your timeouts there and see if a miracle happens.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

OSU called their 2nd timeout of the half with 1:13 remaining. (They used their first timeout on the previous Clemson drive to set their defense). On the next play Boyd got a first down. With only 1 time left and about 1:05 remaining, it was pretty much over. I guess you could hope for a fumbled snap on the next play, but that almost never happens.

I also think that the "interception" was a not a catch and should have been reviewed. If that was a TE instead of a LB it would have been ruled incomplete. And kudos to the guest referee commentator who basically said the standard was that he had to have control at some point during the act of going to the ground, even if it was brief. (Huh?) I guess if you slow down the replay enough you can find a frame where he had control of the ball. Those guys are in the same union so they have to find some way to justify the crappy call because officials never get anything wrong. Maybe it wouldn't have changed the outcome but at least get the call right!

What I guess surprised me the most however was how much of a beast Sammy Watkins is. I mean I knew he was good but he is a MAN. The 2014 draft class is starting to look really good.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Ok so the screen graphic was wrong showing OSU had 2 timeouts left but they really only had 1 left? If this is the case then I understand. From what I saw they had two timeouts left with a stopped clock after a penalty on Clemson for excessive celebrating.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

They must not have taken it off the the graphic. Here's the play-by-play if you're interested. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay...4&period=4

Still, that was a heck of a game to watch. Ended up watching most of it when I wasn't really planning to (as someone who didn't really care who won).
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

missed it. I saw an awesome watkins td in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah didn't understand the whole game. I didn't understand the mich. St. Game either. They did what they wanted when they wanted, then kinda laid down..fishy fishy

Whatever Ohio State still one of the most prestigious colleges in football and don't need an Orange Bowl to cement that, cute how Clemson treated it like a super bowl. LOL