`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: 2007 Play-off Contenders Football Box
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good Buy
83.33%
5 83.33%
Do Not Buy
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2007 Play-off Contenders Great Investment Buy

2007 Play-off Contenders Great Investment Buy
I thought it would be fun to pick a box that I believe is under-valued at the moment and could be a good Buy!

I collect sealed boxes of wax - perhaps because it represents "what could be inside..." sitting on my shelf without me knowing it!

I wrote more analysis of why I am picking up 2007 Play-off Contenders Football boxes right now on my blog, but would love to hear other's thoughts or if you have recommendations of your own for me to look at?

Thanks
Ed
For Love of Home Plate
Blog Article:
http://forloveofhomeplate.com/?p=51

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: 2007 Play-off Contenders Great Investment Buy
I couldn't agree more with 2007 contenders. Calvin Johnson, Marshawn lynch and of course AP. 2 RBs that are both top notch now and then Megatron, he is just unreal. Something of 2012 too.

Were any of the big names redemptions though? Thats the only downside of unopened wax collecting
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Thanks for the feedback oumike83....

I will do an analysis of 2012 as well to see if I can find some good deals on that product.

Cheers,

Ed

Hello westhoustonvw...

I agree with your comment on redemption cards - and for me is one of a few reasons I despise them....for another you can check out this story I wrote last week where I received 4 redemption cards from Upper Deck literally 4 years and 3 months late!
http://forloveofhomeplate.com/?p=21

In 2007 Play-off Contenders Football the BIG names - Megatron, AP and Lynch are all live which definitely helps.

I have read some posts in Beckett's forum where collectors have had luck sending in these expired redemption(s) for "something" from Panini.

Finally for my unopened wax box collection my intent is never to open them myself. Either one day I guess my kids will have fun many years from now....or I will sell them whole later. So from that standpoint....sometimes expired redemption cards are good to cause the price to dip into a good buy opportunity.

Cheers,

Ed

will this be your first unopened box in your collection? If not what else do you have? And i think 07 contenders is a perfect box for your collection. I wish i had the patience to do that

I saw a post somewhere that there are 9 exchange cards. All of the big names and in the product signed.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

Thanks for the comment chiefsncards275

I actually started this year collecting sealed wax in multiple sports. Right now my favorite boxes in Football (keeping with the theme of this board!)
are:

1989 Score (*A classic product I took for granted in 1989!)
2007 SP Authentic (*Drawn to the players as mentioned above!)
2011 Panini Absolute Memorabilia (Cam, A.J. Green, Kaepernick RCs)

If I find some more good deals I will share them here in the future.

Happy Collecting!

Ed
www.forloveofhomeplate.com

Thanks CoachLew10!

(01-01-2014, 12:38 PM)westhoustonvw Wrote: Were any of the big names redemptions though? Thats the only downside of unopened wax collecting
AP and megatron were inserted in them...i completed the set and i think most redemptions were losers,defense or kickers..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(01-02-2014, 09:36 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: AP and megatron were inserted in them...i completed the set and i think most redemptions were losers,defense or kickers..
Come on now!!! You know I love some kickers!!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]