`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your weirdest baseball auto in your PC

RE: What's your weirdest baseball auto in your PC
(01-04-2014, 02:00 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I have two, though one is basketball.

First, baseball ... back in like 1989 I sent a card to Rafael Palmeiro c/o the Rangers.

I got my card back, unsigned, along with a signed post card of Nolan Ryan.

Turned out pretty good there.

As for basketball, back in the early to mid 90s when I was down at school, we would wait after Clippers games at the old Sports Arena for autographs.

There was a guy signing as he was walking out with the players, so I thought maybe he was an assistant coach or something ... maybe an older player I didn't recognize or whatever.

Turns out it was Dondre Whitfield, a sitcom and soap actor in the 90s.

I had no idea who he was, but he signed my program!
You did better than me with Palmeiro. I got my card unsigned and a little photo of him with facsimile auto. Still have that somewhere - I'll have to pull it out.

My weirdest auto was football. Bart Starr on a Pizza Hut menu. My mom was the only one that recognized him and sent me over. I think I was around 5 or 6 and just remember thinking his Super Bowl ring was huge! I cannot find the damn thing but know it was never thrown away.

I also have a bunch of 80s Packers on cow notepad paper. We went to see them practice and all I had was a souvenir cow notepad. The guy that stood out was Mark Murphy. He jumped the fence to come sign for us. Can't find these autos either. Guessing they're at my parents house with the Starr auto.

2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

I have two interesting autos that I got at a local minor league game on seperate occasions. The Ft. Myers Miracle (high A affiliate of the Twins) had various celebrities come do signings at their games to drum up attendance. So I figured why not, its a baseball game, so I had both sign the sweet spot of a baseball. One was of Dennis Haskins who played Mr. Belding in "Saved by the Bell" which I watched as a kid growing up. The other was of Jerry "The King" Lawler. I collect autographed baseballs so it was neat to add some celebrity signed baseballs to my PC.

I have a 2010 Topps Chrome Cesar Valdez (certified auto) where he signed both sides of it. Kind of cool (and weird), but I think he did it on everybody's.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(01-04-2014, 08:53 AM)animie67 Wrote: Do you remember Phil on the money store commercials back in the day??? Who can forget those Smile
We had Phil representing the Money Store, Mickey doing Brill cream, Joe D. hawking Mr. Coffee machines .... Someone from the Yanks did Banco Popular commercials, too (Joe D again?) ... Anyway, there were Yankees all over the Tube back in the day.
Based on that, I'm sure they did signings on some really weird stuff. Anyone have a Mr. Coffee signed by DiMaggio? Smile
(01-04-2014, 04:27 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: I have two interesting autos that I got at a local minor league game on seperate occasions. The Ft. Myers Miracle (high A affiliate of the Twins) had various celebrities come do signings at their games to drum up attendance. So I figured why not, its a baseball game, so I had both sign the sweet spot of a baseball. One was of Dennis Haskins who played Mr. Belding in "Saved by the Bell" which I watched as a kid growing up. The other was of Jerry "The King" Lawler. I collect autographed baseballs so it was neat to add some celebrity signed baseballs to my PC.
Hey, would love to see "The King" auto. I have an inscribed book of his and would like to verify that my buddy really got him to sign it.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Can e-mail you a photo if you'd like (dont have a photobucket account), PM your e-mail address and I'll send you a pic.

(01-04-2014, 11:35 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: We had Phil representing the Money Store, Mickey doing Brill cream, Joe D. hawking Mr. Coffee machines .... Someone from the Yanks did Banco Popular commercials, too (Joe D again?) ... Anyway, there were Yankees all over the Tube back in the day.
Based on that, I'm sure they did signings on some really weird stuff. Anyone have a Mr. Coffee signed by DiMaggio? Smile

Hey, would love to see "The King" auto. I have an inscribed book of his and would like to verify that my buddy really got him to sign it.
When I think of jerry lawler I think of the time i saw him cry and whine like a little girl at a softball tournament. I grew up just north of memphis and his softball team would go around to local towns to play in tournaments. His team was late getting there so they let two other teams start playing. When lawler and his team (lawlers army) arrived he pitched the biggest hissy fit so the umpire stopped the game and let lawlers team play. It was quite the sight but funny as hell.

[Image: w0C2GAE_zpsd1157c4a.png]

(01-05-2014, 04:52 PM)sparkz2102 Wrote: When I think of jerry lawler I think of the time i saw him cry and whine like a little girl at a softball tournament. I grew up just north of memphis and his softball team would go around to local towns to play in tournaments. His team was late getting there so they let two other teams start playing. When lawler and his team (lawlers army) arrived he pitched the biggest hissy fit so the umpire stopped the game and let lawlers team play. It was quite the sight but funny as hell.
Too bad that's not on a YouTube video!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I added this card to my Chipper Jones PC a while back. DeMacio was the scout who scouted Chipper in high school. I thought it would be something different to add to my Chipper/Braves PC.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811...macio.jpg/
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]