`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And The New Centerpiece to my PC is.....

RE: And The New Centerpiece to my PC is.....
(12-30-2013, 09:51 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: Classical_hero, by rule, a card can only get an overall grade of .5 higher than the lowest sure. Very dumb rule IMO.
That is a dumb rule. We know back then they weren't worried about centring like they are nowadays. So if a card is badly centred, then that could almost make a car worthless, even though the rest of the card is in excellent condition. Overall the card is quite beautiful, so it is was a person is wiling to pay for it.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

Wow nice pick up congrats!
Collecting MJ's
My New Signature photo movel23bannercopy.jpg

GREAT CARD!!!

The strong subgrades makes that card very nice indeed!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(12-30-2013, 09:28 PM)classical_hero Wrote: I don't know how they only gave it an 8, surely the average besides the centring is closer to 9 than 8, so it should be at least an 8.5
I think you can't go more than 0.5 above than the lowest grade.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-01-2014, 08:54 PM)jonathani Wrote: I think you can't go more than 0.5 above than the lowest grade.
I am not sure which, but it depends on the subgrades. I have an MJ with 9.5's for everything except surface. The surface grade was an 8. The card still got a BGS 9. I do not know all the rules, but I know that in some circumstances it can be 1 above the lowest grade. Here is the example:

[Image: 1b239fa2-317b-4dfd-b22c-146de53f18b1_zps37a2b4bf.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

That is an absolute beauty! Its too bad Rodman doesn't have any star cards Sad I really love the set.
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

Its nice to look back and reminisce. I still get excited about this card. It hasnt been fun cutting back on opening boxes but it was well worth it to get this card. The awful draft class helped the wax addition though. I hope to bust more this year with the deep draft class.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Sick card! Congrats on the great pick up!
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

I'm encouraged that it's a vintage card. Nice pick up!

Congrats on the awesome MJ PC addition!

Here's another exception to the grading rule that the card can't get .5 higher than the lowest grade. It appears surface carries the lowest weight.
[Image: Scan_Pic0001_zps2a7a504e.jpg]