Going for a white whale UPDATE: White whale still swimming :(

RE: Going for a white whale, so I need to sell! UPDATED with a list, few scans
Can you post scans of these if still available:

1999-00 UD Hologrfx NBA Shoetime Kobe Bryant- $45

1996-97 Skybox Net Set Michael Jordan PSA 9- $25

2012 UD Goodwin Champions Memorabilia #MMJ Michael Jordan BGS 9- $27

[Image: oldschoolKobesandduncanFS001_zps43a31385.jpg]

Here's the Kobe shoetime. The edges are a bit iffy but it's solid otherwise. Probably 8-8.5.

The other two are graded/slabbed up. I'll get you scans if you really want, but, I mean, they're graded, so not much need to worry haha Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

24-hours-until-my-white-whale-ends bump! Thanks again to everyone who's looked and helped out Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

As the thread title suggests, the white whale has escaped yet again Sad

I was going for a 1996 Spx Record Breaker auto /250 of MJ. They pop up occasionally, and the book value has clearly not been updated in forever because they routinely sell way above it, even raw.

It had an RCR (raw card review) of BGS 9 w/ a 10 auto and it had the certificate of authenticity with matching holograms. The auto on it was pristine, just a great looking card all around, and the auto makes it perfect.

I bid 1333.33 and had it til the snipers took hold. It ended up going for 1575 which I just couldn't spend. I have raised, at the moment, about $935 in paypal and have several smaller sales on ebay that I have yet to receive payment for that will put me just over $1k.

There are a couple more currently listing on ebay, but one is raw and doesn't have nearly as nice-looking an auto, and the other's asking price is too high and has been sitting on the 'bay for nearly a year, so I'm not really sure what to do with my paypal higher than it's ever been.

I will probably look to get a nicer MJ auto than the one I had, and I'll be taking suggestions on that on a new thread over in the basketball section.

So, in sum, I'm kinda bummed, but happy that I was able to raise as much as I did so quickly. Thanks to everyone for helping out, hopefully I can turn it into something really good, even if it's not precisely what I wanted!

RE: Going for a white whale UPDATE: White whale still swimming :(
sorry to hear it escaped you again, but stick with it and the end result will be positive. thats an awesome card and i cant wait to see your mailday thread when you have that sweetness in hand!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]