`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Recent mail: a couple nice Favre and my first Johnny U auto

Recent mail: a couple nice Favre and my first Johnny U auto
Most of this arrived before Christmas but of course was all justified as being delivered on Santa's Sleigh... Wink

Start off with a couple of 90s Favre inserts that have been eluding me for a long long time. Both were snagged with BIN/BO off the bay shortly after listing, which apparently is what you have to do if you want any good rare stuff...

1999 Topps Stars 2-Star Parallel #29 Brett Favre
NFT | Serial Number: 224/249
[Image: h1ol4t34x450.jpg]

and

1996 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor #70 Brett Favre
NFT
[Image: 719048ksx450.jpg]

Then there was this sweet jersey card with some dirt stains on it. I choose to believe it is dirt from an NFL field and not from the seller's back yard, but I guess you never know... Has a nice serial number too!

2007 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Materials Triple Blue #TOT-22 Brett Favre
MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 4/9
[Image: 604tn80zx450.jpg]

Then I finally decided to man up and just fork over the dough required to land one of these. Still an immensely popular set, and even though there are 135 copies in existence it still routinely sells for more than newer 1/1s.

1999 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems #156 Brett Favre
NFT | Serial Number: 102/150
[Image: 07x3iyvdx450.jpg]

And finally, the big splurge. Aided by my 4th place finish in my fantasy baseball league this year, I was able to go out and snag this monster for my HOF auto PC:

2000 Upper Deck Game Jersey Greats #GJG-JU Johnny Unitas
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 190/400
[Image: 8v5v2004x450.jpg]

So happy to finally own a Johnny U auto and I can't stop looking at it! Might have to send it into BGS to get slabbed for protection even though it would probably get no better than an 8.5 grade. Next major auto I need to secure is a Sweetness. Maybe I can have some luck on Amazon with the gift cards I got in my stocking... Smile

Anyway, of course there was lots more in my mailbox but this is all I got around to scanning with all the holiday hoopla going on. Thanks for looking!
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

RE: Recent mail: a couple nice Favre and my first Johnny U auto
nice cards.. love that unitas!
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Love the Favre TOTT. Congrats on your recent additions!
PhotoBucket Updated from Bears to Dolphins - http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/cbrigadoi/library/

I still have the Eagles through the Vikings to go!!

Wow!!! that's some great stuff. I'm loving that TOTT Favre with the dirt on the patch, awesome card!!
Photobucket

Wonder very nice haul.

Very Nice stuff!
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

Nice adds. Love the TOTT.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

Thanks everyone!
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

love the 90's Favre's