`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trading at Card Shows help

RE: Trading at Card Shows help
(12-30-2013, 05:53 PM)uwash97 Wrote: I think you're reading it wrong. It's not that he doesn't want to trade or is only interested in money. The reality is he is in love with his Lattimore 1/1. That's why it is priced 2x ebay prices (based on what you said - I don't really know). You could probably offer him a Brady SP Authentic RC and he'd stare at it for 30 minutes before declining. The problem with Lattimore is that he was a beast in college and then suffered a devastating knee injury. Some guys have fully recovered from it - but will he? Nobody knows for sure. If he turns into an Adrian Peterson type back on the 49ers that card could be worth $2000. Clearly the seller is someone who thinks he will recover and blow up. Other people would rather someone else take that risk and get what they can now before he busts out. At the end of the day you have to offer him something that he wants more than the Lattimore, and it appears you haven't done that (although the 6-auto seemed to almost be there).
This I think sums it up 100%. He has something you want, and sometimes it just depends. If you do run into him again, perhaps offering him a little $$ on top of the card works.

I had to do this to pry away a 1/5 (technically a 1/1 Marshawn Lynch NT letter from his Pro Bowl jersey. I know a guy who has 3 of the 5 letters, and he is asking ridiculous prices for them.

Just depends on what you can do to get the card.

Good Luck

[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA