`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Shipping cost to Canada from US

OT: Shipping cost to Canada from US
Are there other options to ship to Canada than First Class? I really hate paying the $6.91 for shipping. You almost have to make a trade for $20 or more just to justify the shipping cost. Thanks - Dale
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

RE: OT: Shipping cost to Canada from US
Dale: Being Canadian, I don't know exactly how the USPS works, but if it's anything like shipping from Canada, it should be based on size/weight/destination alone. I ship quite a bit to the US, and I pay anywhere between $1.75 and $10, depending on size...I think the most I've paid recently was $11 to Pennsylvania, and I'm always given the option of 3 day business, or 8 day regular...Not sure if that helps you though.
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

Thanks for the reply, I believe we here in the states are only given the option to send International First Class. I could be wrong that is why I put this out there.

(12-27-2013, 04:58 PM)opierocks Wrote: Dale: Being Canadian, I don't know exactly how the USPS works, but if it's anything like shipping from Canada, it should be based on size/weight/destination alone. I ship quite a bit to the US, and I pay anywhere between $1.75 and $10, depending on size...I think the most I've paid recently was $11 to Pennsylvania, and I'm always given the option of 3 day business, or 8 day regular...Not sure if that helps you though.

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

If you can manage to fit something into a standard white envelope I believe you can use international stamps.

If you use a bubble mailer it is considered a parcel and has to go through customs.
[Image: temp_zps476251d0.png]
05-06 UD Ice Rookies: 137/168

Thanks, so there is no way around the First Class shipping?

(12-27-2013, 06:43 PM)larrico Wrote: If you can manage to fit something into a standard white envelope I believe you can use international stamps.

If you use a bubble mailer it is considered a parcel and has to go through customs.

Hi, can't really help you, but i've noticed most people in states along the east coast specifically are being forced to pay $6-12 for stuff with the "first class shipping" Seems like a cash grab
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

Check out stamps.com it's what I use and it costs me $2.05 to send a 1 oz bubble mailer to canada and $0.20 per ounce after that. I print all my labels from home and drop them in the mail box to be picked up in the morning. I have shipped hundreds of international packages at the 2.05 option and haven't had a single one returned for not enough postage. It costs $16 a month to be a member but it's more than worth the charge as I'm saving so much money shipping to canada so check it out. I might have to make an in depth thread and have a mod sticky it for all he members to know they don't need to spend so much money shipping to canada

Can we PLEASE get this topic stickied / pinned to the trading forums? So many people have questions about shipping to Canada. Having all the discussion in one forum would be so beneficial.

Thanks!

if your post office has a self service kiosk you can use that to ship to canada as long as the envelope is under 3/4 of an inch thick you can send it as a large letter, it cost me usually around $3.