`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they?

RE: 25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they?
(03-16-2014, 03:59 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I'm not saying to catalog cards that show up in a form never released by the company, however, when they hoard a bunch of a serial numbered cards in non-serial form, go bankrupt and flood the market with unnumbered versions, people should know. Do unnumbered gold running mate cards exist? sure, but imo they're junk... just like the unnumbered 98 hologolds. If you're new and you troll ebay looking for one you should know that the real card is machine stamped so you're not duped... that's all I'm saying.

Also, I'm going ahead and declaring that 1996 Donruss CL press proofs don't exist so add it to the list. I put it in a separate thread earlier.

In addition, the 1996 Marino Hit List promo is for sure a SP. I would say it doesn't exist at all, but you stated that you've seen one. I've seen several hundred Rice and Seau and not one Marino... ever. I know Marino collectors are hoarders (yours truly included), but I don't think that can make up for the lack of cards available.
Check your PM box.

*EDIT*
We have since learned that the 1996 Donruss Press Proof parallels do indeed exist for the checklists in the set.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(03-16-2014, 03:59 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I'm not saying to catalog cards that show up in a form never released by the company, however, when they hoard a bunch of a serial numbered cards in non-serial form, go bankrupt and flood the market with unnumbered versions, people should know. Do unnumbered gold running mate cards exist? sure, but imo they're junk... just like the unnumbered 98 hologolds. If you're new and you troll ebay looking for one you should know that the real card is machine stamped so you're not duped... that's all I'm saying.

Also, I'm going ahead and declaring that 1996 Donruss CL press proofs don't exist so add it to the list. I put it in a separate thread earlier.

In addition, the 1996 Marino Hit List promo is for sure a SP. I would say it doesn't exist at all, but you stated that you've seen one. I've seen several hundred Rice and Seau and not one Marino... ever. I know Marino collectors are hoarders (yours truly included), but I don't think that can make up for the lack of cards available.
You've never seen a hit list promo? Thats crazy. I've passed them up, wish I knew they were that rare.

As far as the backs go for 1997 Skybox, I think No1 is referring to the 1997 Skybox Inside the Numbers. They are listed, just the whole set is not cataloged. Its a skip set similar to the 1995 release.
http://www.beckett.com/football/1997/sky...e-numbers/

Also the Press proofs exist. No diecut, no markings, just gold instead of silver on the front of the card. Very easy to miss.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

2005 Topps total first edition set

And has anyone ever really figured out the 2007 artifacts foil vs. non foil autograph sets? I know I have seen both versions of some players and other players ive only seen the foil version.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(03-16-2014, 10:59 PM)chads-cards Wrote: And has anyone ever really figured out the 2007 artifacts foil vs. non foil autograph sets? I know I have seen both versions of some players and other players ive only seen the foil version.
The 2007 Artifacts Foil parallel is Stamped "1 of 1" on front, so there is NO confusion, just rare since they are 1/1. Everyone gets confused, but there should be no confusion anymore Smile

Here's a Baseball equivalent:

[Image: 2007artifactsgold_zpsee684352.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Peter,

Why does beckett not list them as a 1/1 then? At least for Colbert they did not list it. So the actual sticker is not what they are calling the foil...its the lettering for the 1/1
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(03-16-2014, 08:30 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: You've never seen a hit list promo? Thats crazy. I've passed them up, wish I knew they were that rare.

As far as the backs go for 1997 Skybox, I think No1 is referring to the 1997 Skybox Inside the Numbers. They are listed, just the whole set is not cataloged. Its a skip set similar to the 1995 release.
http://www.beckett.com/football/1997/sky...e-numbers/

Also the Press proofs exist. No diecut, no markings, just gold instead of silver on the front of the card. Very easy to miss.
Ahhh, that might explain it. Time to check the archives...
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

I have no photographic evidence of any of these I'm just going off of memory. #5 the Studio 4x6's were sold in blister packs at Book Stores mostly. Places like Booksamillion and Walden Books had these all the time. #9 the 93 Mint Parallel was a 250 set Print run, I believe exclusively through Shop at Home or at least that's the only place I ever saw them for sale. Their were 500 Boxes produced 250 of each Conference, when you purchased 1 you got a random Conference, purchasing 2 would get you one of each Conference. I can still hear Don West spamming these at 2 am, they apparently didn't sell well and were horribly expensive. Seems they produced them in 91,92 and 93 in much the same way. #17 UD Promos were inserted into either Beckett or Tuff Stuff (can't recall as I always bought them both) you could get them in silver or gold stamped much like the Playoff Promos of the same time. I may have some in my closet I'll try to dig them out this weekend. I'm sure without photos this may not mean much but I wanted to share what I remembered for what it's worth.

(04-01-2014, 02:32 PM)bamafan25 Wrote: I have no photographic evidence of any of these I'm just going off of memory. #5 the Studio 4x6's were sold in blister packs at Book Stores mostly. Places like Booksamillion and Walden Books had these all the time. #9 the 93 Mint Parallel was a 250 set Print run, I believe exclusively through Shop at Home or at least that's the only place I ever saw them for sale. Their were 500 Boxes produced 250 of each Conference, when you purchased 1 you got a random Conference, purchasing 2 would get you one of each Conference. I can still hear Don West spamming these at 2 am, they apparently didn't sell well and were horribly expensive. Seems they produced them in 91,92 and 93 in much the same way. #17 UD Promos were inserted into either Beckett or Tuff Stuff (can't recall as I always bought them both) you could get them in silver or gold stamped much like the Playoff Promos of the same time. I may have some in my closet I'll try to dig them out this weekend. I'm sure without photos this may not mean much but I wanted to share what I remembered for what it's worth.
I picked up every retail blister when younger, I never saw a 97 Studio. Do you recall what book store?
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Most likely Booksamillion but we had another bookstore at the time but I can't recall the name.

I am a 1960-1994 Dallas Cowboys team collector. I am trying to get everything even parallels and oddballs. I have wondered about the 1993 Action Packed Mint Parallel as well. I have seen the Aikman for sale on Ebay. The Emmitt's displayed previously on this thread are part of a special package celebrating Emmitt's rushing title that year and aren't part of the regular Action Packed Mint Parallel. The 1992 Regular series Mint Parallel was issued in 500 a piece and the update that year in 250 a piece and you can find those all over the place(comc, beckett, ebay). With the 1993 Mint parallels issued at 500 per card you would think you could find a few up for sale somewhere on the net. I havent seen any so either they don't exist or someone is hoarding them all.