`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Strata Retail is JUNK

Strata Retail is JUNK
For the most part, Topps retail blasters have been pretty good this year with decent value inside. Strata retail last year wasn't the greatest, so I should have known better when I picked up a blaster tonight during my lunch break. ALL cards were base/rcs. No inserts, no parallels....nothing. Complete waste of $20.

RE: Strata Retail is JUNK
Check to see if you got any of the black parallels. I got 2 blasters last weekend, and was able to get some black parallels, along with 2 die cuts, and a Vance McDonald auto /25. The black look almost exactly the same as the base, but instead of the colors around the outside, they have black.... I know that may sound obvious, but I didn't find them the first time I looked through them.

I do have to agree, though, I really don't like the base cards.

I guess I did have one Black parallel of Jordan Reed. Still nothing even close to being worth the $20 spent. One parallel card and the rest base??

Yeah, that's definitely crap. Even though I got an auto, 4 blacks, and 2 die cuts, I was absolutely not impressed with it, either. I really don't like the design, really reminds me of some of those crappy Collector's Edge cards from the 90's. Some of those sets were great, but some of them you could tell they went through minimal effort to make, and that's what Strata this year reminds me of. I actually liked the design of last year's, but will not be getting any more of this year's.

at least you didn't spend 400 on bowman sterling to get a bunch of high numbered cards that aren't worth squat....its retail it cant be great every time.
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

no matter what they are not as bad as panini retail.....that stuff is a joke. when my son asks for a pack of basketball at walmart i tell him ill pull a jordan out of my PC for him instead of a pack of crap. i think if blasters contain an auto or g-used then 19.99 isnt bad. the price point for all others should be 10.99-14.99 MAX
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I concur on Strata ... I saw all the crazy hobby pulls and thought (hoped?) maybe they stepped it up in retail.

Nope ... one "black" and one die-cut, the rest all base — not to mention the card stock is super thin.

Plus, the collation was weird in mine ... the packs alternated between 4 RCs in a pack and all base veterans in a pack ... WTF?

I got base RCs of Manuel and Geno in the first pack ... other than that, squat.

Don't think I'll be doing another.

(12-19-2013, 07:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I concur on Strata ... I saw all the crazy hobby pulls and thought (hoped?) maybe they stepped it up in retail.

Nope ... one "black" and one die-cut, the rest all base — not to mention the card stock is super thin.

Plus, the collation was weird in mine ... the packs alternated between 4 RCs in a pack and all base veterans in a pack ... WTF?

I got base RCs of Manuel and Geno in the first pack ... other than that, squat.

Don't think I'll be doing another.
Same here...the only packs with RCs had 4 in each pack or none. At least you got a die-cut haha....I only got one black.

I have bought 4 or 5 Blasters from Walmart since December 2012. I decided to go Blowout Cards this year for my own Christmas Present.
5 ea. 2007 Topps Draft Picks & Prospects Football Hobby Box $149.75
1 ea. 2010 Panini Crown Royale Football Hobby Box $48.95
Total $198.70

I hope I can get some good pulls out of this product. These are my 1 time ever Hobby Boxes.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

Bought one box, got a die cut and an autograph, both of Quinton Patton, from the same pack
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]