`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite set for 2013

RE: Favorite set for 2013
I hear ya with the Heavy Metal auto. I pulled a Lita Ford auto from a pack. I have no idea who she is and believe it or not I don't own any of her CD's LOL

I loved Gypsy Queen and Heritage this year. ALMOST finished with each of the base set with SPs. Gypsy was what I had most luck breaking this year, including the only PC redemption I ever pulled and redeemed: Goldschmidt/Miley Dual Auto Relic. Still waiting on that of course...

I know I've mentioned it before, but my ultimate favorite was the Topps Cubs Archives stadium giveaway. My favorite cards from there:

[Image: 8837jzw6.jpg]

[Image: z47u7bq3.jpg]

This one makes me really look forward to 2014 Heritage
[Image: w978976r.jpg]

That 'stache!
[Image: 6ckek1l7.jpg]

(12-17-2013, 01:06 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I hear ya with the Heavy Metal auto. I pulled a Lita Ford auto from a pack. I have no idea who she is and believe it or not I don't own any of her CD's LOL
Haha. I got the Bobbie brown auto. Not the crackhead bobby brown, but bobbie brown who was some chick in a video. It sold for $25 on the bay which is about as much as any fan favorite auto, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much haha
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(12-17-2013, 01:15 PM)glassnickels Wrote: I know I've mentioned it before, but my ultimate favorite was the Topps Cubs Archives stadium giveaway. My favorite cards from there:
Those are amazingly awesome!! Never saw them before.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-17-2013, 03:27 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Those are amazingly awesome!! Never saw them before.
I scanned the full set here: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/glassnickel...chives-sga

1 card per home game with an 82nd card in case of a one-game playoff (HA!). The card images were also on the ticket stubs. Hoping they do it again this year, and that they do it for other teams in the future as well!

I gotta say, archives is quickly becoming my favorite set of the ages. I guess us older folk enjoy the nostalgic memories of yesterday..

As for some of you.. Lita ford was quite the metal vixen and I have most of her albums.. Same with Bobbie Brown (CHERRY PIE BABY!)

I just had to complete the base set however since I was already half a box deep before I pulled Sebastian Bach auto from Skid Row. I also traded away for Kip Winger....because..I don't care.. Winger Rocks. And I'm proud of it.

But the big draw for me is the fan favorite autos from the stars of yesterday that weren't really HOF worthy, but team fan favs. Being a Mets guys, pulling a Howard Johnson Auto is just as exciting and rich as a ::insert hottest rookie auto rainbow brite colored mem num to 5 here:: card. That's how I am. That's how it is. Sorry for the rant, scotch does that to me. '13 Archives for me!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(12-17-2013, 10:05 PM)muz0 Wrote: I gotta say, archives is quickly becoming my favorite set of the ages. I guess us older folk enjoy the nostalgic memories of yesterday..

As for some of you.. Lita ford was quite the metal vixen and I have most of her albums.. Same with Bobbie Brown (CHERRY PIE BABY!)

I just had to complete the base set however since I was already half a box deep before I pulled Sebastian Bach auto from Skid Row. I also traded away for Kip Winger....because..I don't care.. Winger Rocks. And I'm proud of it.

But the big draw for me is the fan favorite autos from the stars of yesterday that weren't really HOF worthy, but team fan favs. Being a Mets guys, pulling a Howard Johnson Auto is just as exciting and rich as a ::insert hottest rookie auto rainbow brite colored mem num to 5 here:: card. That's how I am. That's how it is. Sorry for the rant, scotch does that to me. '13 Archives for me!
Felt the same way pulling Jody Davis & Leon Durham autos this year from Archives! And Keith Moreland from Hometown Heroes.

(12-16-2013, 09:57 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: If I had the money, Bowman Inception would be awesome to put together. Great design! Though the box price seems a bit pricey considering how difficult it is to get good value out of it.
I also really liked the base Topps design. The best in recent years.
I thought the photographs on the base Topps were particularly good this year.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(12-17-2013, 01:15 PM)glassnickels Wrote: I loved Gypsy Queen and Heritage this year. ALMOST finished with each of the base set with SPs. Gypsy was what I had most luck breaking this year, including the only PC redemption I ever pulled and redeemed: Goldschmidt/Miley Dual Auto Relic. Still waiting on that of course.
Damn man that's awesome I'd kill for that pull!

I think it's a toss up for me between topps chrome and inception, inception is pretty amazing stuff!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

My favorite set of the year was Hometown Heroes. I really liked the base card design and the stock they used. The checklist was populated with lots of old 'hometown' guys but still had names like Mike Trout and Buster Posey. The State/Zip Code parallels were simple but different enough to appreciate. The only problem I could see people having (other than the non-license thing) is the box price. For 3 hits though I think it's a much better product than Archives. I'm so tired of Topps reusing their old designs.