`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite set for 2013

RE: Favorite set for 2013
(12-19-2013, 12:41 PM)rossmaute Wrote: My favorite set of the year was Hometown Heroes. I really liked the base card design and the stock they used. The checklist was populated with lots of old 'hometown' guys but still had names like Mike Trout and Buster Posey. The State/Zip Code parallels were simple but different enough to appreciate. The only problem I could see people having (other than the non-license thing) is the box price. For 3 hits though I think it's a much better product than Archives. I'm so tired of Topps reusing their old designs.
Agreed on Hometown! I rarely buy non-licensed but I bought a box to chase after the Grace since it didn't seem like a lot of people were ripping it. I don't think I'll go after completing the set but I kept quite a few of the cards in PC. I actually ended up with 4 autos in my box, 1 being PC, so had no problem with the price. I might actually buy more.

As an aside, if you are looking to complete the set or for any of the inserts, check my org. I've got a ton in there FT.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331