`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Its been a while since i collected

Its been a while since i collected
What's a good starting point to collecting? what are good brands to collect for a decent price.

RE: Its been a while since i collected
Look on ebay for what you like. There are literally 1000's to choose from. All depends on your tastes and likes.Favorite team, favorite player - anything you decide its going to be expensive lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

just looking for a good brand to buy

Contenders and Topps Chrome usually do well. Your higher end National Treasures is good. I, personally, stay away from Inception, 5 star and Supreme cuz they have chipping issues. Outside of that its just budget based. Those 3 products (Contenders, Chrome & Nat. Treasures) are the top with a ton below them. There is just so much out there now.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

my advice is go to cardboardconnection.com and look through the 2013 sets and see which ones you like.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/sports-cards-sets/nfl-football-cards/2013-football-cards/

the most important thing is to find what YOU like. while I agree that Contenders , chrome and national treasures are awesome sets, I also like Prizm, Totally Certified and Platinum. But, you may dislike all of them. if you findsomething you like before buying, you'll find that you don't spend as much on products you don't like.

1st off welcome. Just collect what you like. Busting is fun but can be a real let down sometimes
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(12-11-2013, 08:48 AM)gadsden86 Wrote: 1st off welcome. Just collect what you like. Busting is fun but can be a real let down sometimes
What this guy said! also .... go check out comc.com you can see a ton of different product from all years in one spot!... and ya can get some idea of the market.

But the most important thing is to have fun and try not to send your self to the poor house in the process.

Keep this in mind....

If you do it for FUN it will always be FUN ... if you start worrying about making a profit then the FUN will go out the window.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(12-11-2013, 11:12 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: What this guy said! also .... go check out comc.com you can see a ton of different product from all years in one spot!... and ya can get some idea of the market.

But the most important thing is to have fun and try not to send your self to the poor house in the process.

Keep this in mind....

If you do it for FUN it will always be FUN ... if you start worrying about making a profit then the FUN will go out the window.
NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY. THANX!
WELCOME. YOU WILL MEET GREAT PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS. WHO DO YOU COLLECT?
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

I don't collect certain players, just looking for anything good to open. its been a few years since I actually bought boxes.

(12-11-2013, 05:28 AM)hawaiiborn12 Wrote: What's a good starting point to collecting? what are good brands to collect for a decent price.
so many awesome deals on ebay. Topps Chrome, Sp Authentic. Topps. Start a PC or put some cool sets together