`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Signed Up - R.A. Dickey Collector

Just Signed Up - R.A. Dickey Collector
Just wanted to say hey - signed up to organize my Dickey collection a bit. If you have any of his rarer stuff, please let me know. I'd like to fill in the collection as I go.

I did have one question that hopefully someone could answer. When you look at his official 'Checklist,' there are 810 cards. When you do a generic search for R.A. Dickey, you bring up 818 (one of them being the R.A. Dickey that encompasses the 810 card official checklist) - so there are 7 items in limbo that aren't on the official checklist. I own more than half of them, so is there any way to have Beckett add cards to an official player checklist?

To show what I mean in case that wasn't coherent, these cards do not appear on the offical checklist, but are searchable:

2007 Nashville Sounds Multi-Ad #11 R.A. Dickey
2008 Tacoma Rainiers Multi-Ad #9 R.A.Dickey
2010 Buffalo Bisons Choice #10 R.A. Dickey
2012 Sports Illustrated #12-17 R.A. Dickey/Kayla Harrison
2012 Topps Update #US280B David Wright/With R.A. Dickey SP
2012 Topps Update Orange #US141 R.A. Dickey
2012 Topps Update Orange #US284 R.A. Dickey

If you go to "Item Details" on these cards, it has the set, sport, team, etc., but doesn't list Dickey as the player. So basically, how would you get that corrected? Thanks in advance for your help and hopefully I'll be talking to many of you soon! --- Chris

RE: Just Signed Up - R.A. Dickey Collector
Welcome!
Email the problem details to bfleischer@beckett.com and he will get it to the people to make it happen. I've noticed similar incidents with my player collections and they're good about getting it fixed.

I have a small Dickey collection as well, but I'm sure yours is great!
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(12-11-2013, 03:08 AM)tate31nym Wrote: Welcome!
Email the problem details to bfleischer@beckett.com and he will get it to the people to make it happen. I've noticed similar incidents with my player collections and they're good about getting it fixed.

I have a small Dickey collection as well, but I'm sure yours is great!
Awesome man. Thank you for the welcome and the info. I have about 325 uniques on Dickey. I'd like to see the number of his without 1/1's - those seriously make the number daunting. I'm a huge Mets fan so I like your Piazza focus. I don't want to push my luck, but I had two other questions. First, when you claim you have a card on your checklist, can you put the serial number? Like if I have 43/100, can I mark that? Second, if you have a card of your focus player not on the database at all, do you email the same person to get cards added?

2nd question - yes, anything you have you can submit to Brian and he'll see what he can do to include it. If you have a scan of front/back that helps too.

1st question - If you create a collection in your organize there is a column that you can put each serial number for the cards you actually have.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(12-11-2013, 03:39 AM)tate31nym Wrote: 2nd question - yes, anything you have you can submit to Brian and he'll see what he can do to include it. If you have a scan of front/back that helps too.

1st question - If you create a collection in your organize there is a column that you can put each serial number for the cards you actually have.

Fantastic - thank you again! Let me know if you come across any extra tough Dickeys!