`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recent TTM Mail & Cool Story

Recent TTM Mail & Cool Story
Got a few TTM/Custom Card success back recently that I wanted to share. Alex Gillett (WR, Present), Scott Tolzien (QB, Present), Jamari Lattimore (LB, 2011-Present), Davon House (CB, 2011-Present), Matt LaBounty (DE, 1994-95) & Matthew Mulligan (TE, 2013 Preseason)

[Image: 2012PackersPC74_zps3456fa99.jpg]

Also wanted to share a cool story having to do with the Matthew Mulligan card. It showed up in a medium sized manila envelope (all my return envelopes are standard sized PWEs). First thing I see when I open it is a 2 page handwritten letter from his wife, Stephanie, thanking me for the support and my letter. The letter talked about his journey through the NFL and their faith in god to Matthew currently being with the New England Patriots which allows them to be able to live only 30 minutes from her 94 year old grandmother.

She went on to mention that both she and Matthew deeply appreciated the extra custom card I sent along to keep as he had always dreamed about having a trading card of himself (Maybe one of the card companies can take note!). In addition to signing my custom, they included a 4x6 signed photo of Matthew with the Patriots, sent back my return envelope with the unused stamp on it for me to reuse and included another postage stamp to cover the one from the original envelope I sent.

I was pretty much blown away! I've gotten letters back from former players and small notes from current ones, but never anything like this! I wanted to do something to thank them both, so I decided to make a set of cards for them that highlights his career through college and the pros, including a custom design for the back of all 7 cards which can be found below along with a pic of the letter and autographs I received. Thanks for looking!

[Image: Mulligan_zps9817f807.jpg]

[Image: Mulligan2_zpsa0893343.jpg]
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: Recent TTM Mail & Cool Story
That's awesome!

Wow, pretty sweet, Alan! And what's the deal with Tolzien? He can sign for you, but he can't manage to sign his 2011 National Treasures RC?! LOL
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

thats awesome bro! Grats!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Simply fantastic man! It's great to be able to give something like that for a guy who is a bubble player. He'll always appreciate that kind of gesture.

Very cool man need to get back on the ball with ttm ing
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Thanks everyone! Pretty excited to get them sent off to him!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

You're making me really want to get the ball rolling on a TTM project! Thank you for sharing this awesome story Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Really cool story!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

I got to tell you, first off, the customs are awesome! I love doing those, myself, but I have not done any in quite some time. And to have them signed TTM like that is a great idea i'm going to steal, as well. Like this one - This would be so much better if it were original and hand-signed:

[Image: AGAutoRayMancini.jpg]

Anyway, away from my narcissism...a heart felt "kudos" for a great story. I think that type of story shows the whole other side of sports...away from the super-stars and giant egos and million dollar contracts there is a very human side to sports, too.

Fantastic set you put together for him. A nice, clean design... Congrats on putting some good cheer and holiday spirit back into the season.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com