`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Do you agree with me?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. The call should have been overturned.
33.33%
6 33.33%
No. Refs made the right call.
66.67%
12 66.67%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How many people agree with me?

How many people agree with me?
YES to clarify I love my Phins (probably too much) just to throw it out there but forget that for a minute if you will.

My question is was that a true TD pass by Flacco to.......Marlon Brown with 4 seconds left in the game against the Vikings??? WHO??? lol.

When you watch it in "real time" yes it looks like a TD no doubt about it. However they REVIEWED the play and if you watch it closely you will see initially Brown caught the ball with two feet in bounds but when you allow the play to fully unfold you see Brown readjust the ball while twisting in midair and then fall out of bounds with both feet out of bounds. Then when he hits the ground he does not have complete control of the ball. He literally lands on top of the ball which is then shoved into his chest. IMHO this should have been overturned. Am I wrong?

Reason for me asking this is both the Ravens and Phins are 7-6 tied for the last playoff spot in the AFC and if that call is correctly made the Phins would be the 6th seed right now instead of being on the outside looking in. I admit Im obsessed but with only 1 playoff game since 2002 and with our last appearance being in the playoffs was 2008 Im pretty desperate at this point to make the postseason. lol.

Here is a link to the play. Fast forward to 3:23

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013120800...&tab=recap
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: How many people agree with me?
I don't. That was a clean catch. The only thing that could be debatable would be no part of the ball can touch the ground when completing a catch, ala Calvin Johnson, but I think they overturned that rule. I can't remember.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I believe the rules are, unlike a normal field catch, as long as you have control for the brief second that both feet are in bounds, it doesn't matter what happens next, its a td. I didn't see the end of the game, so I don't know exactly what the specifics were, but from some other games ive seen, that's what I seem to remember

I watched the tail end of that game as well and it appeared to be a legitimate TD to me when taking in to account the definition of one by the NFL rulebook.

I will state though, if my memory is not playing tricks on me, that I thought I recall seeing a phantom call made earlier by the refs which kept that Ravens drive alive.

There seems to be a lot of sketchy penalties called in these NFL games lately. For the past two weeks my Eagles have seemingly benefited from similar questionable calls. I am just being honest.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Anyone have a link to a video? Edit: Sorry, I completely missed the link.

(12-09-2013, 02:31 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: YES to clarify I love my Phins (probably too much) just to throw it out there but forget that for a minute if you will.

My question is was that a true TD pass by Flacco to.......Marlon Brown with 4 seconds left in the game against the Vikings??? WHO??? lol.

When you watch it in "real time" yes it looks like a TD no doubt about it. However they REVIEWED the play and if you watch it closely you will see initially Brown caught the ball with two feet in bounds but when you allow the play to fully unfold you see Brown readjust the ball while twisting in midair and then fall out of bounds with both feet out of bounds. Then when he hits the ground he does not have complete control of the ball. He literally lands on top of the ball which is then shoved into his chest. IMHO this should have been overturned. Am I wrong?

Reason for me asking this is both the Ravens and Phins are 7-6 tied for the last playoff spot in the AFC and if that call is correctly made the Phins would be the 6th seed right now instead of being on the outside looking in. I admit Im obsessed but with only 1 playoff game since 2002 and with our last appearance being in the playoffs was 2008 Im pretty desperate at this point to make the postseason. lol.

Here is a link to the play. Fast forward to 3:23

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013120800...&tab=recap

Yes, absolutely a TD. You're allowed to move the ball around as long as you maintain possession. Moving the ball from your hands to tucking it under one arm, which is natural for a player, isn't considered loss of control. That was a TD and a nice catch.
(12-09-2013, 06:28 AM)bojesphob Wrote: I believe the rules are, unlike a normal field catch, as long as you have control for the brief second that both feet are in bounds, it doesn't matter what happens next, its a td. I didn't see the end of the game, so I don't know exactly what the specifics were, but from some other games ive seen, that's what I seem to remember
No, its the same in the endzone as it is in the field. And, if you're falling to the ground which he was, you need to maintain control through hitting the ground. He did.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

They wouldn't have even been in the redzone if it weren't for the B.S. "pass interference" call

(12-09-2013, 09:18 AM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: They wouldn't have even been in the redzone if it weren't for the B.S. "pass interference" call
Didn't the Browns game have a similar ending? What's up with the refs this year?

(12-09-2013, 09:38 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Didn't the Browns game have a similar ending? What's up with the refs this year?
Pretty much the same ending. I'm glad the players and coaches are starting to call attention to it.

Yea they definitely pick and choose when they want to apply the "Calvin Johnson" rule...
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Well I can't really tell from that one angle/speed but that was one hell of a finish to a game either way! I also think it was a legitimate catch (and an incredible one at that)!
The rule is simple in theory. If you have control of the ball before you break the plane of the goal then it is a touchdown (play over) and control after that point doesn't matter (doesn't apply here but...). If you are in the endzone making a catch you do have to have control all the way to the ground and through the catch. The ball can move, even if it touches the ground, as long as there is still control maintained throughout. Control is basically having at least one hand NOT move its position on the ball, AT ALL (which generally happens when you tuck the ball in to your body-at least one hand is in complete control). Think of it as this: As long as your hand looks like there is super glue attaching it to the ball it's control.
And yeah that PI on Greenway wasn't PI because the contact happened before the throw. It could have been an illegal contact but even that call would have been a little (or a lot) ticky tacky. There was contact so they have the "right" to call something but...It would be nice if the officiating in a lot of games was better this year, but in this one they probably didn't want to get hit by all those snowballs being thrown! It does make things tough sometimes depending on which side of the game you're on.
Sorry we couldn't help you out Bakerman! We really tried!
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!