`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 Upper Deck Game Dated Cards

1997-98 Upper Deck Game Dated Cards
Can someone please help me to identify these cards. I have acquired some of these cards but I am not familiar with Basketball. I am trying to enter into the Organize but I am unclear if there are two separate game-dated versions because the checklist with the regular cards seem to be listed with pictures of some game-dated versions (i.e. card #6). Is this just a mistake or is there really 2 types of game-dated cards? Please advise, as I want to make sure that I catalog correctly. Thank you for your help.

RE: 1997-98 Upper Deck Game Dated Cards
Post some pictures so we can better help you figure it out.

Here are pics of my cards. Please help me to identify if these are standard base or parallel cards. Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(can't see your cards...you need to upload to photobucket or somewhere to see).
The "game dated" is a group of cards in the series. Even though they have a silver 'game dated' foil stamp on them, they are commonly "common" cards in the base subset. (i.e. you can see faces in the background) (the MJ card is the regular card in the set).
[Image: %24_3.JPG]
The expensive "game dated" versions have a full foil appearance, and you cannot see any details in the background of the player!
[Image: %24T2eC16hHJIQE9qUHuz+nBRPQoWqiD!~~60_57.JPG]
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

if they are the true game dated parallels, you will know. if youre having to ask, im 100% positive they are the regular base.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(12-06-2013, 04:19 PM)odditycards Wrote: (can't see your cards...you need to upload to photobucket or somewhere to see).
The "game dated" is a group of cards in the series. Even though they have a silver 'game dated' foil stamp on them, they are commonly "common" cards in the base subset. (i.e. you can see faces in the background) (the MJ card is the regular card in the set).
[Image: %24_3.JPG]
The expensive "game dated" versions have a full foil appearance, and you cannot see any details in the background of the player!
[Image: %24T2eC16hHJIQE9qUHuz+nBRPQoWqiD!~~60_57.JPG]
Pingbling23 - Thanks for the clear and precise explanation. Very helpful and appreciated. Have a wonderful day!
sorry, I meant odditycards ... thank you!