`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday Break part 1

Black Friday Break part 1
Got my first batch of boxes in from the sales.
I got 2 boxes of "why the hall not"
1 2011 donruss limited cuts
and gambled on a cheap box of tier one.

Didn't do too bad.

From why the hall not i got
travis jackson 11/12
barry bonds 7/11

Limited Cuts
Carl Hubbell 41/49

Tier one

Tyler Skaggs
Frank Thomas relic redemption

[Image: scans_zps6a2e9026.jpg]

and then what may have saved the box and the entire thing

Prodigious patches Hanley Ramirez

[Image: scans_0001_zps4531ae02.jpg]

Checked ebay and the ones that sold were best offer so i cant tell what they got, but the asking price was very high 399 and 499
Anyway to see what they got? looks like whoever bought one has it relisted for 499

RE: Black Friday Break part 1
Not too bad at all!! Carl Hubbell is a very respectable auto and that Hanley auto/patch is very cool! I didn't pick up a Tier One box, but now I'm wishing that I did.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-03-2013, 06:45 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Not too bad at all!! Carl Hubbell is a very respectable auto and that Hanley auto/patch is very cool! I didn't pick up a Tier One box, but now I'm wishing that I did.
Was 60 bucks so I thought why not give one a go that cheap

(12-03-2013, 06:36 PM)rentzington Wrote: Checked ebay and the ones that sold were best offer so i cant tell what they got, but the asking price was very high 399 and 499
Anyway to see what they got? looks like whoever bought one has it relisted for 499
There are some tricks you can use to still check final sale price. I checked and they sold for $200 and $225. The following links should show you final sale prices. If you want to check a different auction just change the item number in the link below to the item number of the auction you are interested in seeing the final sale price for. The item number is the 12 digit number after ebay.com below and before the "?".

http://item.ebay.com/181212232477?item_h...gn=1&rc=nt
http://item.ebay.com/251352706857?item_h...gn=1&rc=nt
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

"Didn't do to bad"...that's an awesome break! Very solid all around. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
I would have been extremly happy with the Hubbell.

(djohn...thanks for the tutorial!)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-03-2013, 10:00 PM)djohn Wrote: There are some tricks you can use to still check final sale price. I checked and they sold for $200 and $225. The following links should show you final sale prices. If you want to check a different auction just change the item number in the link below to the item number of the auction you are interested in seeing the final sale price for. The item number is the 12 digit number after ebay.com below and before the "?".

http://item.ebay.com/181212232477?item_h...gn=1&rc=nt
http://item.ebay.com/251352706857?item_h...gn=1&rc=nt

THANKS! i've been trying to figure this out for a while, the trick I read about changing com to ca doesnt work anymore

Hey, 200 and 225 aint bad! I don't collect hanley so I don't care about it too much.

I was quite happy with the rest of the break. DrM and Philliesjoe I was happy with hubbel i'm starting a little hof auto collection and to get two HOF and a future HOF in bonds (seriously roids or not the guys a HOF'r) it was a nice lil boost.

(12-03-2013, 10:13 PM)rentzington Wrote: THANKS! i've been trying to figure this out for a while, the trick I read about changing com to ca doesnt work anymore
Hey, 200 and 225 aint bad! I don't collect hanley so I don't care about it too much.
I was quite happy with the rest of the break. DrM and Philliesjoe I was happy with hubbel i'm starting a little hof auto collection and to get two HOF and a future HOF in bonds (seriously roids or not the guys a HOF'r) it was a nice lil boost.
Bonds is a great auto and future HOF, definitely .... But just might be a postmortem induction, though Smile

Let us know how part 2 of your break turns out!
My Black Friday haul should be coming today. Hope I at least do as good as you did. I'll be very happy!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Part 2 will go up tonight or tomorrow.

Got 5 2011 bowman chrome blasters , 2 2012 bowman retail boxes
1 spx baseball, 1 2008 sweet spots

1 box of leaf memories. This is where I did well got a kris Bryant /50 auto

And a couple itg boxes that aren't even worth mentioning

Oh and 5 2010 upper deck gravity boxes, at 12 bucks I couldn't pass up. Pull one posey rc and the box is paid for itself. So far two are opened and I've pulled 3 poseys 3 bumgarner and a Griffey jr relic

Seems weird to get a non auto relic redemption.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos