`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I hate it when buying something off the bay, and getting it finally at times

I hate it when buying something off the bay, and getting it finally at times
I bid on Marshawn Lynch /25 card and won, and finally got it in the mail today.

Not happy with the seller for sending it in a plain white envelope today.

Opened it up, and saw that it was in a top loader that was too small. Card is about a 130, and it was in a 100 pointer. I literally had to almost cut the top loader to get the card out.

Got the card out, and am beyond pissed. There wasn't even a penny sleeve.

Looked at the card, and saw this:

[Image: 7B8BF177-2947-4D92-86BC-120613EC124C_zps9vkrrsn8.jpg]

When I looked at the scans on the original listing, little or no chipping (small amounts). I see this, and am like heck no.

Seller says that they accept returns, and hopefully they will. What drives me nuts is this is /25, and something I wanted for the PC.

Sucks, but definitely don't want the card in this condition. I didn't pay what I did for a card like this.

Makes the value drop a lot in my opinion.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

RE: I hate it when buying something off the bay, and getting it finally at times
I feel your pain. Just yesterday I got 5 Marinos in the mail (over $100 purchase as well) from a seller and they used sleeves and top loaders but the problem was they used over sized top loaders where the cards could easily slide out and 1 actually did as I opened the package. The bubble mailer they used was too small as well but whatever. Plus they used one piece of dual sided sticky tape to hold these 5 cards together to make a top loader sandwich. The tape barely stuck to the top loaders and Im surprised no damage was caused. This in my opinion is becoming too common from ebay sellers. It seems virtually everyday someone on the boards is receiving items poorly packaged and unfortunately for you your card was just too damaged for your liking. I wish there was a way to prevent this but I cant imagine one. Hopefully you get your cash back and I hope you can find another one at even a lower price down the road buddy.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: I hate it when buying something off the bay, and getting it finally at times
Wow, so you get the sellers that can't be bothered to protect what they are selling, and I can't get the Post Office to actually care about delivering stuff that someone paid to ship to me.... I've got one thing that said "out for delivery", then "delivery status not updated" last week, and it still isn't here.... Sad

(12-03-2013, 04:37 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I feel your pain. Just yesterday I got 5 Marinos in the mail (over $100 purchase as well) from a seller and they used sleeves and top loaders but the problem was they used over sized top loaders where the cards could easily slide out and 1 actually did as I opened the package. The bubble mailer they used was too small as well but whatever. Plus they used one piece of dual sided sticky tape to hold these 5 cards together to make a top loader sandwich. The tape barely stuck to the top loaders and Im surprised no damage was caused. This in my opinion is becoming too common from ebay sellers. It seems virtually everyday someone on the boards is receiving items poorly packaged and unfortunately for you your card was just too damaged for your liking. I wish there was a way to prevent this but I cant imagine one. Hopefully you get your cash back and I hope you can find another one at even a lower price down the road buddy.
Thanks. Hopefully the seller is good about me. I'd even keep the card if they were willing to make things right. I'm not asking for the card for free, but at least a few bucks back would make it right. Just not worth 1/2 the value of the card in my opinion.

Being a Lynch collector is where it really sucks. Seeing low numbered stuff always makes me happy, and having to return this would suck, but that's life as a collector we all know.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

THAT IS SOMETHING THAT IS JUST TOO HARD TO SEE. SORRY.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

I feel your disgust!

this was a /5 I didnt even get a top loader!

[Image: BFD71F2A-148C-40B1-8108-DB72F6C1FF76-132...71c47f.jpg]

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

That sucks man. But on the flip side, I've gotten a card for my Lee Evans PC (#/25, so fairly hard to find) and it was well-packaged. Sleeve, top loader, team bag, spacers, right fit, in a padded mailer. And something at the post office had punctured the entire thing. Yep. A neat, little paper clip-sized hole right through the mailer, top loader, and the middle of the card. Seller was understanding and took it back, but yeah, frustrating on a hard-to-find card like that. Not defending your seller--just saying crap happens either way sometimes.

And I got lucky and found another one of the same card three years later. So it'll work out in the end! lol
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

First of all. Ur sig is crazy HUGE, does it need to be? lol :p
2ndly, I definitely feel ur pain!
It happened to me twice!!
[Image: th_IMG_2188_zps43ef2e70.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_2190_zps1339e276.jpg]

And the other I no longer have pics of! BUT!!
2006 SPx Reggie Bush #'d/25! One that was on my "Want List" & a Huge want!! Good news was that I got refunded on both so, it was only a time waster and not both time & money! Smile
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Greg, just get your money back and ding his lame a-- with a negative.

Hopefully it will rehab him out of his current dooshy state.

Sorry, but this isn't like 1982 anymore, where people are just starting to figure out the best way to store/ship cards.

He was being stupid and lazy. If you almost had to cut it out, think how hard he had to shove it in there ...

For example, on some jersey cards I can't tell the toploader size just by looking at it — most Paninis are 100s, most Upper Deck and Topps are 75s, but there are exceptions.

You can pretty much tell after two or three "taps" if the loader is too small or not.

And if he would have bothered with a freaking ONE CENT penny sleeve on it, he may have even gotten away with it.

But the plastic lip of the toploader clearly scraped the bottom edge of that card, with no sleeve as a buffer.

Eff that guy. That card will pop up again. Maybe if you ding him hard enough, he won't try the same BS with someone else.

I don't like stupid and I hate lazy. That doosh bag was both.

Happy holidays, by the way, LOL

(12-03-2013, 07:23 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Greg, just get your money back and ding his lame a-- with a negative.

Hopefully it will rehab him out of his current dooshy state.

Sorry, but this isn't like 1982 anymore, where people are just starting to figure out the best way to store/ship cards.

He was being stupid and lazy. If you almost had to cut it out, think how hard he had to shove it in there ...

For example, on some jersey cards I can't tell the toploader size just by looking at it — most Paninis are 100s, most Upper Deck and Topps are 75s, but there are exceptions.

You can pretty much tell after two or three "taps" if the loader is too small or not.

And if he would have bothered with a freaking ONE CENT penny sleeve on it, he may have even gotten away with it.

But the plastic lip of the toploader clearly scraped the bottom edge of that card, with no sleeve as a buffer.

Eff that guy. That card will pop up again. Maybe if you ding him hard enough, he won't try the same BS with someone else.

I don't like stupid and I hate lazy. That doosh bag was both.

Happy holidays, by the way, LOL

Best post this Year lol!
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols