`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Panini Black Friday

Panini Black Friday
So me and my friend went to the LCS on Black Friday to get in on the BF madness. And madness it was indeed. We both had a terrible day. Be busted 6 boxes to the tune of over 1 grand. The best hit being a Tavon Austin Marquise Goodwin Dual auto jersey card from Bowman Sterling #/d 35 . I've had bad breaks over the years so I'm not too upset over the fact that neither of us hit it big...What really got me was the the LCS.

It was Black Friday and they were participating in the event. Only they had no Panini stock on hand except for 1 box of Elite and 2 of Prizm for football. Yet for some reason the owner allowed us to buy Topps products and receive BF packs - Kind of cool of him - except not so much. We both started out with a single box around 125 a piece - we both get 2 BF packs. We both buy a 2nd box each one 125 the other 175 roughly. i get 1 pack and my friend gets 2 packs. then we both buy a 3rd box each, knowing full well that we are being ripped by the store but still wanting to hit some cool cards. I get a 125 box and my buddy gets a 300 box. I get a single pack. and my buddy gets 2 packs. My friend gets pissed at the fact that we got 2 packs to start for a 125 dollar box of cards and the $300 box only nets him 2 packs as well. the guy agrees to throw in an extra pack....WTH!?!?! you mean to tell me we have spent close to 1 thousand dollars and only receive 11 packs of a free to you promotional product??? It gets worse though. Each time we were "awarded" BF packs the owner fanned out the packs and let us pick which packs we wanted from his stack of cards....sounds cool - the thick packs are always memorabilia...only no thick packs....not a single one. This woldnt be a big deal if say we were the 30th group of customers to come though and he had been allowing customers to do this all along...but we were the 1st customers to participate....the very first.

It should be noted that the 11 BF packs contained crap. we got 9 rapper cards between us. no cracked ice or lava flow. the best card was a numbered Matt Barkly RC out of 299.

So to sum a very long story up. The owner of the LCS obviously picked through his cards offering us the scraps on a $1,000 purchase. Not very happy with the LCS. I wish Panini could come up with a way of combating this problem. I'm sure this is pretty common place. Like couldnt they figure out a way to bundle 4 packs into a little BF box. Purchases of 100 get a box you get an extra box for every 100 you spend. if you fall in the middle too bad. This would definitely cut out the pre-sorting of these cards. as well as eliminate the ebay market of selling "lots of packs" containing a set number of thick packs. also it seemed like the packs that contained a rapper all had 3 cards a piece....essentially couldn't someone just weigh the packs with a high power scale?

In any event we are out a grand and both with a very bad taste in our mouths. Me because this is the first and only time i've purchased cards this year. I was looking forward to this promo. My friend because he was a first timer that I talked into dropping some serous dough at the store and at the end of the day he took it the hardest.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

RE: Panini Black Friday
hey man, sorry to hear that, terrible LCS. I was pretty happy with the black friday deals at Dave and Adams. Maybe try online from now on. On a brighter note, I know I have two Lamar Woodley auto rookies, and a actually steeler jersey with PSA Cert i'd be interested in trading if you are interested.
 photo coolsignature_zps2fe4f593.jpg

Appreciate the offer - The only cards I have in my possession at the moment are the ones I picked up on BF. the rest of my cards are hundreds of miles away in storage. And trust me you don't want anything I got out of my BF boxes. I think from now on if I make purchases I buy straight up untampered cases direct.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

Wow man that sucks to hear. Sounds like the LCS owner took the principle of the promotion (and collecting in general) and stomped on it. Personally, when I went to Dave and Adams on black friday it was 1 free pack for every 15 bucks spent on Panini.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Give Panini the LCS name and number. They are trying to crack down on the dealers that pack search and prepost on ebay. Give them the story and maybe this guy will lose the right to offer promo packs.

Ouch sorry
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK