`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Hobby Box

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Hobby Box
I very rarely buy non-licensed stuff, but this product has some new Grace in it and I'm not seeing any of his autos pop on ebay yet so I'm chasing them. With 3 autos per box (I actually got 4!) it seemed like a good idea at the time...

I actually really like the set, despite the lack of logos. Didn't even know Machado, Myers, and Puig were in here. Some nice inserts and the autos are on card and the 4 I got all had nice, complete signatures, unlike most Bowman autos these days. Only pulled 2 base Grace cards and a couple other cards for my PC. The rest will be FT. The base isn't uploaded yet but everything pictured is. The fourth auto was Keith Moreland, which I forgot to scan because it's already in my PC!

Nice RC & base
[Image: base_rc.jpg]

State & Zipcode Parallels
[Image: state_zips.jpg]

Inserts & Sportdiscs (flicker cards like the old Sportflics)
[Image: inserts_discs.jpg]

More inserts & Autos
[Image: autos_inserts.jpg]

2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

RE: 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Hobby Box
Like the look of those cards! Interested in the whole RC lot and the Clemens Rivalry if FT

Interested in the griffey and dbacks you have FT, looks like cool stuff!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I love how subtle the RC's are. It seems that these days the RC logo gets bigger and bigger, but the design here is perfect! This has to be the set of the year for Panini as far as baseball goes.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I really like the looks of these, but the older guys I pulled in the handful of packs I got were not good - John Tudor, Frank White, Mookie Wilson ... guys I would've been upset getting in 1986. lol

LMK if the Hrbek is for trade.
Kepler

How dare you say Frank White wasn't good! 8 Gold Gloves, 5x All-Star and a 1986 Silver Slugger isn't good?

But really, I think the goal here was to center the product around the semi-stars of the past since they already put out a Cooperstown product for the HOFers.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]