`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlisted/Semistars for 1980's and 1990's cards

Unlisted/Semistars for 1980's and 1990's cards
Does the unlisted/semistar section in Beckett pertain just to newer cards? Surely it must. It lists Mike Piazza as an unlisted star when Piazza is clearly a listed star in every set he was in during his playing career (and still is). I've just been wondering about this question ever since I looked up my cards prices online and saw guys from my 80's sets like Rod Carew, Jim Palmer, Dave Winfield priced barely above commons. Shouldn't these guys be classified as unlisted stars in the late 70's and early 80's sets?

RE: Unlisted/Semistars for 1980's and 1990's cards
Yes they should but no they won't.

That always bothered me too. I personally think any player that is in the Hall of Fame should be considered a star. As far as the price guide goes though, they only seem to list their rookie cards. Most of the "stars" they DO list are superstars.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It just doesn't even make sense to list the semistar and unlisted star prices for any sets made before the 90's because very few of these cards qualify and absolutely zero cards in these sets qualify as an unlisted star or semistar for sets before the 80's.

I always wondered about who decided which player goes into what list, to me some are clear stars and are put into the semistar category or whatever
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

OMG! 1990s cards are now considered "vintage"? You guys are making me feel really old.

(11-30-2013, 07:39 PM)rinzler Wrote: OMG! 1990s cards are now considered "vintage"? You guys are making me feel really old.
Tell me about it. I grew up collecting cards in the 90's and realize those cards are 20 years old now. 90's cards nowadays are like cards from the 60's and 70's when I grew up.