`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altering Ebay Searches For Better Results

RE: Altering Ebay Searches For Better Results
On a related note, I find that it's a pain to search for Giancarlo Stanton cards. You search "Mike Stanton" you get 2,272 cards (including a handful of cards former braves/yankees player of the same name) spanning 2008-2013. You type "Giancarlo Stanton" you get 2500+ cards spanning 2008-2013. Then you type "Giancarlo Mike Stanton" you get 830 results.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-25-2013, 08:24 PM)uvaspina Wrote: On a related note, I find that it's a pain to search for Giancarlo Stanton cards. You search "Mike Stanton" you get 2,272 cards (including a handful of cards former braves/yankees player of the same name) spanning 2008-2013. You type "Giancarlo Stanton" you get 2500+ cards spanning 2008-2013. Then you type "Giancarlo Mike Stanton" you get 830 results.
Search like this:

(Mike,Michael,Giancarlo) Stanton

Should give you everything under one search and you won't have to do multiple and sift through ones you've already seen.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(11-26-2013, 10:20 AM)iconms Wrote: Search like this:

(Mike,Michael,Giancarlo) Stanton

Should give you everything under one search and you won't have to do multiple and sift through ones you've already seen.
Thanks for the info (know it was ment for someone else). I waste too much time by not knowing what I am doing!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

This is my Hensley Meulens search (because people can't seem to read his name off the cards to spell it right):

(meulens, muelens, meullens, muellens)

My Karl "Tuffy Rhodes search (the -dmitri is there because otherwise I get a ton of Dmitri Young results because he also hit 3 HR on opening day):

("tuffy rhodes","karl rhodes") -dmitri

my Dave Winfield search (again, because people can't read or spell):

dave (winfield,winfeild,windfield)

And I use this one to track the 1993 Topps/R&N China Porcelain set, but trying not to get all those assorted other china/porcelain items like statues and figurines:

topps (ceramic,porcelain,porcaline,porcelin) -nba -ufc -nfl -statue -figurine

To get the best results, you really have to lean heavily on the minus to counteract all the rampant keyword spamming in listings. Is it really necessary to include entire checklists or Wikipedia entries in a listing for a single baseball card?

(12-01-2013, 04:42 PM)daclyde3194032 Wrote: To get the best results, you really have to lean heavily on the minus to counteract all the rampant keyword spamming in listings. Is it really necessary to include entire checklists or Wikipedia entries in a listing for a single baseball card?
One of the worst ones I find is "non auto" in the title. I know it's not an auto! Now I have just as many listings that pop up and say "non auto" when I'm using "auto" as a search word. I guess I should try the (-non) approach.

Stock photos and group photos are starting to bug me too. It's absolute laziness to provide the same photo of nine different cards even though the listing is only for one of them. It sounds stupid, but I usually won't buy from those users just out of spite if I can find the same thing elsewhere for a similar price.